Careers in Sales
Senior NSX Account Executive, SLED今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912587 掲載日 Sep. 16, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide are committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today
VMware NSX is a network virtualization platform that delivers the operational model of a virtual machine for the network. Virtual networks reproduce the network model in software, allowing complex multi-tier network topologies to be created and provisioned programmatically in seconds. NSX includes a library of logical networking services – logical switches, logical routers, logical firewalls, logical load balancers, logical VPN, QoS, and distributed security.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting and one of the fastest growing businesses within VMware.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Senior Account Executive – SLED within the Network and Security Business Unit (NSBU) is responsible for a coordinated sales approach with VMware’s NSX internal and external sales team covering State, Local and Education customers. The mission of this group is to broaden the reach of these accounts in order to ensure the VMware NSX foothold across the NORCAL, Nevada regions. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
Responsible for selling VMware NSX network virtualization, vRealize Network Insight, AppDefense and security solutions into SLED accounts across Northern California and the State of Nevada.
- Do you have the ability to drive sales strategy and focus on top accounts and establish sales cadence with the SLED account team
- Can you adopt account portfolio sales strategy using channel partners
- Are you OK with the responsibility to move the transaction through the entire sales cycle
- Will you be able to drive virtualization adoption and identify new opportunities in SLED accounts
- Can you solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position
- Are you able to match the VMware’s Network and Security solutions to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
- 8+ years of experience in related datacenter software industry
- 4+ years of experience in network route/switch, network management, and/or network security based solutions
- Experience selling to SLED accounts
- Experience selling in a product sales specialist capacity as well as both a direct and an indirect or channel driven model
- Experience directing a team of professionals in sales campaigns that include sales executives, field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Services, etc.
- Consistent track record of success selling in a competitive environment
We look for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, teamwork above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
- SLED experience in NORCAL
- Experience with new product introductions
- BA/BS degree or higher
- Estimated travel of between 40% and 60% depending on the density and size of the territory
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.