Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Network Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910976 掲載日 Aug. 08, 2019
Data Center Operations Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Network Engineer is a member of the Datacenter and Engineering Network Architecture and Operations team that provides service and support to VMware’s R&D Engineering department. The team is responsible for deploying, configuring and managing the R&D networking equipment within the local environments as well as designing, implementing, and supporting the network infrastructure in DC Operations that services this equipment. The Senior Network Engineer will possess extensive technical knowledge, organizational, and excellent communication skills to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time and meet customer expectations. We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and results-driven individual who enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
Responsible for network design/planning as well as administration of day-to-day operation and escalation of VMware's global DC facilities that provide network services to the engineering and R&D entities.
- Assist with Design and Architecture of both the DC Engineering backbone globally, as well as daily network operational tasks for the DC Ops backbone itself and/or engineering tenant network equipment.
- Maintain existing network configurations and dependencies.
- Participate in change control meetings, review changes – determine risks, modify as needed, implement or assist other with completing approved changes.
- Monitor network usage, capacity, and performance
- Perform advanced configuration and troubleshooting on firewalls, routers, switches, traffic optimizers, and load balancers
- Supplement and support existing network designs and participate in new design configurations
- Identify and isolate issues with complex network scenarios involving the hardware and the interconnections used for both LAN and WAN
- Assist with routine maintenance on networks
- Create and maintain network diagrams
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other engineering staff
- Work with other departments to provide high availability of production services.
- Minimum 4-year degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Linux server administration / scripting
- 2+ years of Windows server administration.
- Experience with Cisco Network Devices
- Cisco: Catalyst 45XX, 65XX, 3XXX, Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, 3K, 2K, ASR, FEX
- Cisco DCNM for programmability and operations
- Brocade VDX series/Extreme Summit series
- Arista switches
- Dell switches
- NXOS, IOS-XE/XR./Brocade NOS, Dell OS9/10, Arista EOS
- Expert-level experience with: OSI, Ethernet, L2/L3 networking in the modern Data Center and its associated technologies as well as familiarity with various networking vendor equipment: Cisco, Brocade, Extreme, Arista, Dell, etc
- Expert knowledge of 1G/10G/40G/100G physical cabling / transceiver standards: fiber optic types/sizes/capabilities, transceiver types/options
- Network Monitoring & Management – Solarwinds, Syslog, ThousandEyes, SNMP, etc
- Technical Requirements:
- L3: BGP (iBGP/eBGP), IGP (OSPF, EIGRP), PBR, VRF, Multicast
- L2: VPC, VPC+, MLAG, LACP, STP, TRILL, FABRICPATH, VCS, VSS
- Overlays: VXLAN, VNI, EVPN, MP-BGP EVPN, SDN, NSX-V/T
- IPSEC, GRE, SSL-VPN
- Cisco ISE, SYSLOG, SNMP, AAA, TACACS, RADIUS
- Network Management (Cisco Prime, PRTG)
- Knowledge of VMware products: VMware VSphere, VCenter, ESX/ESXi – 2+ years
- F5 Big-IP (LTM/GTM)
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- IPv4 & IPv6
- Job Segment:Cloud, Data Center, Database, Electrical, Engineering, Facilities, HVAC, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Operations, Technician, Technology, Virtualization