Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Member Technical Staff (MTS) - Hybrid Cloud Services今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910823 掲載日 Jul. 17, 2019
VMware HCX enables customers to interconnect their various multi-version, multi-provider cloud instances, creating a mobility plane on which customers can seamlessly, and with a few clicks move application workloads across these clouds. This empowers customers to realize critical use cases of datacenter upgrade, extension, and rebalancing. VMware HCX provides high-performance, secure and optimized multisite interconnect technology and a robust scale out platform that allows multi-site mobility operations to be orchestrated in a distributed manner between sites in a secure manner. HCX, thus, offers customers valuable end to end services like ongoing migration and disaster recovery.
This software development position is looking for a strong Senior MTS engineer to join the HCX software development team. The candidate must be a solid engineer with leadership, analytical and communication skills. Prior experience in building distributed systems and software as a service is highly desired, and experience with networking and security domains is a plus. The candidate must also be familiar with full software development life-cycle from design through deployment.
- Understanding key requirements for the data center virtualization, interconnecting such data centers and orchestration required to support mobility of workloads, architecting a solution in this space and delivering a working prototype and then a final product.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and implementation of a distributed platform and VM packaged applications.
- Review and test existing technologies and software components and make recommendations for use and integration.
- Provide technical specifications, talks, and presentations for new designs and architectures.
- Collaborate with other software development teams in VMware leveraging HCX to build interconnected distributed applications/services e.g. building a public blockchain service using HCX to interconnect blockchain servers across clouds.
- Collaborate effectively with other staff to solve complex problems.
- Assist with debugging and verification of defects in your own and others’ work.
- Provide mentorship and lead strong development practices inside the team.
- BS/MS in CS from reputable university or equivalent experience.
- Deep technical depth and hands-on experience in data center technologies including virtualized compute, and knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience with building distributed, scalable software systems is highly desirable.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and frameworks is essential such as java, C++, kafka, mongo etc., as the ability to pick up and use language/framework that suits a body of work is expected.
- Outstanding coding skills in one or more of those programming languages.
- Experience with CICD environment is expected.
- Hands-on experience with VMware products (vSphere, NSX) is highly desired.
- Must be capable of researching alternatives and making architectural/design/business decisions independently.