Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Member of Technical Staff今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910427 掲載日 Jul. 18, 2019
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and solve some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we value you:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to successfully drive definition, architecture, and timely delivery of software in an Agile environment. You build complex systems that and with focus on data analysis, systems management, and Cloud Computing, and the customer experience in everything you construct. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
- Innovate every day.
- Collaborate with the Product Management, Support, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, scalable, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Be Agile in removing the road blocks for customer issues with quick fixes, and development of Proof-of-Concepts for to explore new capabilities directly with customers.
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills to continually improve your effectiveness as an engineer.
- Determine the level of testing needed and ensuring your changes are deployed safely in a multi-tenant SaaS Environments.
- Open up the boundaries in adopting new technologies and adopting new proven techniques in design and test
- Be able to mentor Junior members technically in Architecture, Design and robust Coding
- A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
- 6+ years of commercial software development experience.
- 2+ years production work developing microservices for distributed systems.
- Knowledge about microservices hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP, preferred).
- Experience with UI design and development (React or Angular).
- Familiarity with cloud security and cloud scalability.
- Experience with API-first REST-based microservice development.
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling & data processing.
- Have worked with data stores (Redis preferred)
- Experience with containerized applications (Docker preferred)
- Worked in a multi-threaded programming environment.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both, teach and be taught.
- Understand why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.
We're already intrigued, but would love experience with:
- Java, Scala, Ruby/JRuby
- Kubernetes and Docker
- React or Angular
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law