Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Member of Technical Staff - NSX - Java / C++ Distributed Systems Software Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910615 掲載日 Oct. 16, 2019
VMware is virtualizing the networking world with NSX and we need your help.
The NSX Controller team is hiring a software engineer to join us. The Controller is an advanced distributed state management system that programs the NSX virtual networks and overlay transport tunnels. The Controller is part of the Networking and Security Business Unit that has quickly grown to over a billion dollar business over the past 4 years, yet it still feels a lot like a startup.
Job Role and Responsibilities
You will participate in many creative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a dynamic and technically driven environment. You’ll be part of a bright engineering team that values open communication, learning, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success. Our engineering team members share a strong focused work ethic and a make-it-happen mindset.
In a typical day you might investigate a technical issue, work through design approaches with your peers, make the Controller easier to support at customer sites, dig into an area of code you want to improve, or puzzle out how to scale the product while keeping the code tight and clean. The team values learning and innovation while keeping a strong focus on quality.
- Design and develop features in Java, C++ and Python for our distributed software Virtualization environment.
- Collaborate in our large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
- Build up unit and integration tests along with product features.
- Investigate, diagnose and fix customer issues.
- Craft ways to avoid customer issues.
- Improve existing code and increase its maintainability
- Strong operating system and data structures fundamentals
- Experience with Java, C++, C or Python programming.
- Clean design skills.
- Clean coding skills.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to craft simple solutions to complex problems.
- Desire to learn new things
- Experience developing networked applications
- Performance analysis
Education: Computer Science degree or equivalent related experience.