Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Senior Member of Technical Staff – Log Intelligence今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907966 掲載日 Jul. 17, 2019
VMware’s Log Intelligence Framework (LINT) is a Cloud-based, highly scalable, Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for high volume, near-real time streaming data processing and analytics. The LINT product is a core part of VMware’s hybrid cloud management portfolio and is currently experiencing exponential growth. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to be part of this team.
In this role, you will use best-of-breed architectural and design elements to take LINT to the point where it can support 100x the current load, while incurring low costs. You will work with a world-class, geographically distributed engineering team. You will work closely with Product Development, Product Support and UX teams to ensure that customer intent and business imperatives are captured in the product. You will work closely with the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to make sure supportability, debuggability and testability are designed into the product from the ground up. You will play a key role in ensuring that engineering decisions are made using a data-driven framework.
Details on Log Intelligence can be found here — https://cloud.vmware.com/log-intelligence
- At least 4 years’ experience working with back-end distributed software systems, preferably in a cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Services.
- End-to-end experience with the development, testing, integration and deployment of commercial, `on-cloud’, large-scale services.
- Deep knowledge of the Java language and its programming paradigms.
- Great software engineering and architectural instincts.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to carry a pager and be part of the on-duty rotation to provide 2-nd tier product support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Hands-on experience with at least one streaming/near-real-time `big-data’ analytics platform and framework.
- Experience with technologies like Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, Apache Solr, Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Apache Samza or Apache Storm.
- Domain experience with log analytics is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- US Citizen.