Careers in Legal
Senior Litigation Paralegal今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1906166 掲載日 May. 07, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 24,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning, and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate, and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Come Work with the VMware Litigation, Employment, Cybersecurity & Regulatory Compliance Team
VMware’s Legal Department is a global team of dedicated legal, compliance, and government relations professionals who share a passion and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate every aspect of VMware’s fast-growing business.
The Legal Department’s Litigation, Employment, Cybersecurity & Regulatory Compliance (“LECRC”) Team is seeking a Senior Litigation Paralegal to join this global, high-caliber organization. Your main role will be to support the Litigation Group. And from time-to-time you may also support the Cybersecurity, Regulatory Compliance, and Employment Law Groups.
About the LECRC Team
The VMware LECRC Team is a global team that focuses on identifying and managing risks and threats, providing practical legal guidance to our clients, and defending the Company against claims anywhere across the globe. Our team practices a collaborative, creative, practical, and results-oriented approach to providing legal advice. If you are looking to join an energetic team where you can be a team builder and a standout colleague, then you have found the place.
VMware has an opening for a Senior Litigation Paralegal. As a Senior Litigation Paralegal, you will be responsible for a wide range of projects and matters, including, for example, supporting active litigation by assisting with interviews and document collections, assisting with discovery, creating and maintaining case records in a case management system, performing research, and supporting and conducting fact investigations. In addition, you should be familiar with the litigation process, trial preparation, and legal holds. This position will be located in VMware’s headquarters in Palo Alto.
- Collaborate with internal teams and outside counsel to support litigation matters, subpoena responses, and pre-litigation disputes
- Assist with collecting emails, documents, and other data for discovery
- Conduct research, review and analyze documents, and correspond with parties, counsel, and third-party vendors
- Assist with managing and creating litigation document holds.
- Compile and update litigation master files
- Manage departmental trackers and prepare reports for internal stakeholders
- Assist with managing and tracking team budgets, outside counsel budgets, accruals, and administrative set up of new matters
- Build and develop rapport with other organizations within the Company
- Minimum 5 years paralegal experience in either an in-house legal department or law firm, including litigation support experience
- Trial preparation and support experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Positive, personable, strong interpersonal skills, and an upbeat “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive with successful time management skills to perform multiple tasks and manage concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using legal review platforms such as Relativity
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.