Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Senior Launch Program Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912764 掲載日 Oct. 01, 2019
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Business Readiness group at VMware sits within Worldwide Customer Operations. The goal of the Business Readiness team is to drive GTM readiness for all product launches across VMware Business Units, Marketing, Support Services, Operations, Field and includes Lifecycle Management of all new offers brought to market. You are a natural Program Management leader and facilitator; driven, organized and detail oriented; adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; communicating with ease at all levels; working across functions as a great influencer, collaborator and teammate. You are highly resourceful, customer-focused and have an ability to work independently under time constraints. You tackle end-to-end ownership and successfully deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Business Readiness Manager is responsible for taking the BU products to Announce, Availability and End of Life activities driving all aspects of Business Readiness across Business Units, Marketing, Field, Partners, Sales Ops, Operations, Customer Success and Services.
The person should have expertise in GTM launch readiness work and a track record of collaboratively working with a diverse set of cross functional stakeholders to drive Launch and GA success.
- Engages with the Engineering, Release Management and PM/PMM teams early in development cycle
- Drives all phases of product life cycle management across GTM functions (cradle to grave)
- Liaise with Business Units & GTM subject matter experts from Marketing, Services, Partner, Field, Customer Success and Operations to drive planning and launch execution
- Prepare launch Bill of Materials, run Launch meetings & communicate overall launch status
- Oversees and prioritizes risk mitigation strategies. Look for innovation and improvements to fine tune VMware Business Readiness blueprint working with PMO
- Help document best practices and processes for managing global launches and ongoing management with PMO
- Deliver assigned BU offerings on time in support of business unit roadmap/schedules
- Trusted partner, advisor and business readiness execution subject matter expert for the cross functional stakeholders and Business Units
The ideal candidate will have extensive relevant experience with bringing to market software product offerings . He/She should have driven NPI/NSI Launch and EOL activities (Pricing, packaging, licensing, upgrades, announcements, field/partner readiness, marketing readiness, change management etc, ) across Development, Marketing, Services, Field, Partners and Operations.
- 6-8+ years of Program Management skills
- Experience managing product releases and lifecycle management ( On-Prem and Cloud)
- Understanding of Release Management SDLC cycle and release aspects (major, minor, versioning etc,) and methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, CICD etc,)
- Experience implementing, managing launches to sell and support product offerings
- Understanding of Private and Public Cloud, Virtualization (Network, Compute, Storage)
- Adapts well to continuously changing priorities and opportunities
- Excel at execution in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to coordinate and successfully influence cross-functional teams to deliver on schedules
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to gain stakeholder trust and be looked upon as an advisor to them
- Ability to gain internal team trust and work collaboratively within
Eagernessto translate high-level business objectives intoactions
Excellentcommunications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
Experiencein Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.