Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Senior Field Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911053 掲載日 Aug. 01, 2019
At VMware we believe that Kubernetes, and by extension Cloud Native, will transform the next generation of enterprise infrastructure and applications the way Virtualization and Java have in the past. Customers will look to containers to avoid lock in with public clouds and the industry has aligned around Kubernetes as the orchestration engine for these containers. VMware is investing in building a modern stack that focuses on this next generation of enterprise computing incorporating both traditional workloads and cloud applications with our core platform. For these reasons, we believe no one is better positioned than VMware to win in the multi-cloud era.
To that end, VMware is investing in a new strategic function to activate recent investments in container orchestration, cloud workload mobility and cloud native application development.This team will be responsible for realizing our strategic direction and accelerating customer adoption of emerging technologies and our cloud native platforms. This function will be the link between engineering and professional services and will serve as a center of gravity for an ecosystem of customers, developers and partners focused on driving the VMware technology agenda.
Regional Directors are responsible for:
- Build-out and grow the regional Field Engineering team including hiring the right people at the right time to ensure the business can scale while ensuring the team maintains a robust and collaborative culture
- Work with the Sales, Partner and BD teams to capture opportunities and ensure successful execution
- Drive the team to deliver excellent experiences for our customers
- Establish a robust understanding of our customers along with how they can utilize Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies to change their businesses
- Foster a sense of teamwork and collaboration within the region and across regions
- Lead the structuring of project proposals and SOWs
- Assist in hiring and mentoring regional leaders in management and technical roles
Desired Skills & Experiences:
- Leadership expertise in infrastructure or application technology organizations
- Experience building-out, growing and leading successful pre and/or post-sales (including P&L) teams
- Have a background in one or more of: Systems engineering, Solution architecture or Technical Consulting
- Have experience working with Enterprise B2B Sales teams including complex contract reviews and Statement of Work generation
- Comfortable engaging with executives to understand the business goals, and with engineering teams to understand technical implications. You can credibly manage both.
- Strong experience mentoring, leading and driving teams towards success
- Have a track record of delighting customers. This means you operate at a high level of integrity and ensure our tech can align with the needs of our customers in a way that will ensure their success not just today but over time
- Lead by doing, but comfortable delegating
- 10+ years of experience in a management role within technical presales, support, or consulting organization
- Knowledge of and operational experience with methodologies related to agile and DevOps