Careers in Legal
Senior Contracts Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913233-3 掲載日 Oct. 08, 2019
VMware – Senior Contracts Manager – Product and Technology Law Group (PTLG)
You will be part of the Product Technology and Law Group. This team is responsible for supporting the R&D, CTO and Marketing teams. Our team has a deep understanding of company’s business objectives, products and services and intellectual property strategies to be able provide practical, strategic assistance as it navigates the evolving global legal landscape.
Job Role and Responsibility
VMware seeks to add a highly talented individual to its Product and Technology Law Group, supporting the company’s products and services teams. This Senior Contracts Manager position will be based in Palo Alto, California; Austin, Texas; or Atlanta, Georgia. The primary job responsibilities are set out below but you also will form part of a new and growing team of Contract Negotiators working collaboratively with other members of the legal team and various Business Units in the U.S. and globally to ensure best-in-class, seamless support to our client. All tasks will be performed under the supervision of a VMware attorney.
Your primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of agreements, with a primary focus on cloud services and SaaS, but including software license, support, and professional services agreements. Advise on legal, finance and business considerations associated with those commercial transactions.
- Assist in developing and implementing improvements to business processes to support the contracting process and ongoing compliance.
- Lead contract cycle management through close-out, including contract modifications, compliance with contractual terms.
- Manage and update ongoing compliance records
- Advise internal clients of company processes, contract status, and make recommendations based on company policies and standards.
- Interact daily and/or frequently with executive management, business and technical management, functional peer groups.
- Assist in development and maintenance of various contract and policy forms.
- Regularly contribute to and refine PTLG’s templates, playbooks, and guidance documents. Support department-wide efforts to organize, manage, and archive contracts and agreement templates.
- Participate in special projects within the Legal Department to develop, implement and enhance processes and policies that improve transaction velocity, efficiency and standardization without material increase in risk.
- Provide training and counseling to technical management and engineers. Coordinate with other groups within the Global Legal Department on compliance matters.
- Bachelors degree
- 8+ years of relevant experience with a high-tech company.
- Strong communication, negotiation and contract drafting skills
- Strong substantive knowledge of intellectual property laws
- Consistent good judgment and ability to apply legal knowledge to help create practical business solutions
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical advice to clients.
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues
- Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a volume of large and/or strategic agreements and suite of agreement templates through collaboration tools.
- A self-starter who operates well in a fast-paced environment that places a strong premium on integrity, excellence, execution and teamwork.
- Legal degree.
- Software engineering or product management experience.
- Knowledge of the IT industry, data protection, information security, privacy, and the latest trends in cloud services.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.