Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Senior Consultant今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912221 掲載日 Sep. 05, 2019
As a Senior VMware Consultant, you will provide customers technical leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of VMware products and technologies. The position requires the ability to execute large projects independently and to implement high-quality technical solutions based on VMware’s server and desktop products.
The Consultant will be working within our Professional Services Organization (PSO).
• Build and maintain confidence of colleagues and customers
• Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
• Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product line
• Conduct pre-packaged VMware consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner.
• Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware “Productized” consulting service offerings, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard estimates
• Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions, and feed them into our knowledge base for reuse by customers and partners
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• At least 3 years experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an Internet or “Big 5” consulting organization
• At least 2 years experience in VMware solutions design and implementation (vSphere/vSAN/NSX/vRA/Horizon, etc.)
• Project management experience in handling project initiation, plan, execution and closure.
• Practical administration skills for one or more of the Linux, Unix (e.g. Solaris), Windows server operating systems.
• Systems programming or OS internal level skills would be an advantage.
• Understanding of computer server architectures, including peripheral interfaces (SCSI, RAID, Ethernet) and multi-processor designs (SMP)
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
• Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations
• Programming in Java/Python/Powershell are also an advantage.
• Experience with modern software development methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development is preferred.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time, including international
• B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
• Fluent in English and Chinese