Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Senior Business Operations Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913836 掲載日 Oct. 25, 2019
Senior Manager of Business Operations (Greater China Region), VMware
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is a global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT transformation by enabling more flexible and agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 19,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop creative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing.
You will lead a professional and dedicated GCR Business Operations team who have the unmatched professionalism to excel and unlimited passion to succeed with the company. This team reports into the COO/CFO organization and dotted line to APJ Business OPS. The team plays an important role in assisting Sales Management in defining the strategic priorities and driving day to day business goals. The team rolls up their sleeves to execute and drive operational excellence on VMware GCR’s most critical initiatives.
In this highly visible role, you will apply thought leadership, analytical skills, and business judgment to help senior leadership in GCR define strategic priorities, deliver operational excellence, and foster innovation and growth. You will draw insights from rigorous analyses, develop informed recommendations, and then drive implementation on the most critical opportunities and challenges VMware Greater China Region is facing. You will deploy your leadership skills, cross-functional partnership skills and people management to not only build a Business Operations team but also to mobilize your cross-functional partners and senior leadership to drive change. This is a critical leadership role in our growing regions with vast opportunities and challenges. You should possess a data-driven approach, have a thirst for excellence, have the ability to drive decision-making among senior business leaders, and be excited about building a team (in your function and cross-functionally). This role reports to the Sr Director of Strategy, Finance and Operations.
Provide insight into our business by partnering with different functions (e.g. Strategic Planning, Market Intelligence, Marketing and Field Sales) and collaborate with leaders to help recommend creative and innovative solutions. Apply business judgement to frame business issues and build a robust fact base to support leaders’ decision making.
- Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis as well as collaborate with Channel, field sales and other functions to drive Go-to-Market strategies and best practices of customer segmentation.
- Identify critical business process blockers and opportunities and deliver recommendations to improve/capitalize
- Manage booking forecast process and lead the team to prepare forecast package to assist Sales Management to achieve quarterly business targets. Submit GCR forecast to APJ.
- Lead the team to provide data points and analysis to support Sales leaders’ QBR meeting by identifying business issues and recommending solutions.
- Follow APJ/HQ framework and drive realignment on customer segmentation, territory structure and account mapping.
- Partner with GM of GCR and Director of Strategy, Finance and Ops to manage quota setting process and provide the necessary analytical support.
- Act as an interface between GCR field sales and APJ commission team on commission related issues.
- Manage RMA/Credit and Rebill request and approvals
- Work with APJ /HQ Business Ops to roll out new business initiatives and system projects for GCR.
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- BS/BA or equivalent experience required; MS/MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of people leader and capable of inspiring team with a clear vision and purpose.
- 10 to 12 years of experience in business operations, strategic planning, consulting, analysis, or similar data-driven business roles.
- Holds yourself to the highest standards of integrity and trustworthiness.
- Previous experience providing recommendations to senior leaders
- Highly self-motivated and willing to proactively take on issues and go the extra mile for internal client and his/her team.
- Experience in creating and maintaining reports, dashboards and data visualizations.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact/influence internal and external leadership.
- Successful track record in a complex, multi-team, and fast paced business environment
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.