Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
SD-WAN Professional Service Project Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907070-2 掲載日 Jun. 10, 2019
As an SD-WAN Professional Services Project Manager, you will work with VMware clients to provide post-sales leadership in the implementation of VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud products and services. You will be responsible for the delivery of standard methodology, commercially beneficial, VMware solutions in detailed Statements of Work (SOW’s). You will be considered a leader of the PSO Project Management Office (PMO) and as such, you will have the opportunity to deliver services projects with some of the largest and most complex organizations across EMEA. Projects may involve SD-WAN network design, deployment, On-Prem and OTT models, health check, consulting and residency services.
Your success will be predicated on a growth and ‘value-add’ mindset. Not only will you be responsible for leading the scope, schedule and budget of multiple assigned projects, you will need to be keenly aware of and pursue opportunities to grow the business profitably. Key management metrics are project success and profitability.
A key success criteria in running a successful Professional Services project is to ensure all work outlined in the project statement of work is completed on time and meets client expectations. You will be adept in identification of any variation from scope and assist the client, and our engineering consultants, to implement the change in scope. This will require you to exercise good business insight and strategic account oversight to successfully to renegotiate the scope change, preserve project margins and convert scope changes as key new revenue opportunities.
You will strive for excellence in project delivery but avoid over-servicing clients as this will incorrectly set client expectations and as a result could erode long term organizational profitability. To be successful your negotiation skills and ability to manage expectations of customer, stakeholder and team will be critical.
In addition to being professional and commercially savvy, you will also be knowledgeable of current industry practices, have a demonstrable technical literacy and have the ability to translate technical solutions into clear deliverable strategies and executable work products.
- Deliver innovative solutions to customer requirements using VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud products.
- Collaborate with the VMware account and professional services sales teams to ensure that all clients are being serviced in a consistent and strategic manner.
- Bring to bear standard reusable VMware “productized” consulting service offerings, in order to provide clients with comprehensive solutions that deliver value for money.
- Support the architecture delivery process to understand customer business and technical objectives and product requirements, in order to develop effective solutions.
- Develop a meaningful knowledge of the entire VMware product line and also maintain an understanding in VMware service offerings and value propositions.
- Responsible for the scheduling and project management of assigned client engagements, to ensure on time, and on budget delivery, in accordance to contracted goals, dedications, and overall account strategy.
- Be a ‘change advocate’ for customer, understand the change management required and shepherd the customer to embrace and advocate
- Actively participates in practice development and supplies to PMO in the form of process/procedure enhancements.
- Identifies additional sales opportunities within existing engagements and customer base.
- Participates in negotiating, coordinating and complex decision-making processes to overcome project issues.
- Drives project activities and internal/external teams towards successful conclusion of the client engagement.
- Lead engagements to project/practice P&L objectives (ie: gross margin, chargeability, etc).
Education and Experience Requirements
- 8+ years of experience in the IT or Telco industry with recent and relevant experience in project management or a similar IT delivery management role.
- 5+ years of experience working as a Project Manager in the IT Industry and possess relevant Project Management Certifications (i.e. Diploma in Project Management, RegPM CPPM or PMI PMP).
- Proficiency managing commercial controls of a project, defending margin and managing quality
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills from Engineering teams to Executive levels.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as required.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and social skills.
- Can collaborate and innovate with other peers and partners effectively.
- Strong personality in order deal with difficult and/or demanding clients.
- Can run complex resourcing within a matrix environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.