Careers in Finance
Revenue Team Lead FTC今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910300 掲載日 Jul. 04, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Revenue Controllership team is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Revenue Team Leadto focus on revenue accounting for the VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP), which provides service providers with the opportunity to grow their services-based business by renting VMware products on a consumption basis. This position will be part of the Global Revenue team and will report to the Palo Alto Revenue Manager.
- Manage relationship with Revenue Forecasting Team, Business Unit Finance team and VCPP accounting team on preparing the forecast for both prepaid and pay-as-you-go contracts.
- Prepare management readouts/presentations on forecast and bridge to actuals.
- Collaborate with VCPP accounting team on the close activities, processes and deadlines, including preparation of reporting and disclosure schedules.
- Review the accruals estimate and assess the reasonableness of the estimation methodology utilized, including analysis of the actuals compared to prior period accruals.
- Prepare the quarterly management readouts for CAO meeting, Balance Sheet Analytics and P&L Analytics.
- Participate in SOX testing during the year.
- Actively drive processes improvements supported by robust and concise documentation. Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests.
- Assist in the establishment of robust contract review process.
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as per business requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 6+ years professional experience in a publicly traded company or public accounting.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines, working independently and under a multi-faceted team model.
- Ability to critically analyze detailed information and problem solve with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience in working with stakeholders within cross-functional and multi-country based teams.
- Strong initiative and drive to see tasks through to completion.
- Strong PC skills with excellent Excel skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years revenue accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standard ASC 606.
Oracle, SAP or similar ERP system experience, SAP HANA, BI reporting, SQL