Careers in Finance
Revenue Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913229 掲載日 Oct. 08, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
The Revenue Controllership Team manages the revenue close process, accounting of professional services, rebates and marketing development fund, acquisitions, interprets revenue recognition guidance, provides training on technical accounting guidance, and documents revenue recognition policy. We are part of a wider Revenue Team comprising of over 100 people.
The Revenue Controllership team is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Revenue Manager to focus on revenue accounting for the VMware Cloud Provider Program (VCPP), which provides service providers with the opportunity to grow their services-based business by renting VMware products on a consumption basis. This position will be part of the Global Revenue team and will report to the Palo Alto Senior Revenue Manager.
- Managing a team of 6 both onsite and remotely.
- Manage and own the VMware Cloud accounting; collaborate on the close activities, processes and deadlines; review of SEC reporting and disclosure schedules.
- Sign off on final P/L and Balance Sheet balances.
- Manage relationship with Revenue Forecasting Team, Business Unit Finance team and VMware Cloud accounting team on preparing and reviewing the forecast.
- Review and present the quarterly management readouts on the forecast, actuals, CAO meeting, Balance Sheet Analytics and P&L Analytics.
- Review the current accounting processes and methodologies and assess the reasonableness. Actively drive process improvements supported by robust and concise documentation.
- Assist with technical questions from the Deal Team on contract negotiations and reviews.
- Actively participate on all systematic stabilization projects; collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure all transaction flow seamlessly in various EBS, RS 5X and SAP systems.
- Participate in SOX testing during the year and collaborate for SOX and statutory audits.
- Assist with quarterly and annual internal/external audit requests.
- Reviews and perform other ad hoc tasks as per business requirements and managements request.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- 8+ years professional experience in a publicly traded company or public accounting.
- Ability to critically analyze detailed information and problem solve with high attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines, working independently and under a multi-faceted team model.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experience in working with stakeholders within cross-functional and multi-country based teams.
- Strong initiative and drive to see tasks through to completion.
- Strong PC skills with excellent Excel skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years revenue accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Accounting Standard ASC 606.
- Oracle, SAP or similar ERP system experience, SAP HANA, BI reporting, SQL.
- People Management