Careers in Sales Operations
Revenue Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908320 掲載日 Jul. 02, 2019
The VMware Americas Deal Assurance Team (DAT) is seeking a highly motivated Revenue Assurance Manager for a position reporting to the Palo Alto Revenue Senior Manager. Specific responsibilities will include; Providing technical revenue guidance and support to the DAT and Deal Management Teams, Monthly & Quarterly Reporting reviews, SOX Compliance, Revenue Forecasting, Review of orders over a specific threshold to ensure compliance under the Revenue Standard ASC606, and team representation in meetings/discussions with Leadership and External Auditors.
- Use of strong technical revenue recognition (ASC 606) skillset to assist in negotiation and review of orders.
- Provide Revenue guidance and support to Deal Management Teams (DMT) and the Professional Services Organisation (PSO) to avoid potential revenue recognition issues and ensure compliance with internal revenue policies
- Lead the on-site direct reports through day-to-day operations, specific projects, and team meetings.
- Lead direct reports in the provision of bi-weekly and weekly requests to the Revenue Forecasting team as required
- Lead direct reports in the provision of accurate information to Forecasting and Sales Finance for Quarterly and Year end forecasting process
- Review of monthly / quarterly schedules for internal and external reporting requirements
- Ensure compliance with Revenue SOX Controls
- Execute ad hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Identify and implement process improvements including process automation where possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and Big 4 Accounting Experience is a Plus
- 4 - 5 years professional experience, including at least 4 years of experience in one of the following: revenue recognition, public accounting, or CPA
- Experience and knowledge in working with commercial sales teams in a deal desk or revenue capacity
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people; strong interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret general revenue documents and contracts.
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to peers and senior management
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and other accounting rules relating to software and services revenue recognition
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Solid PC skills with excellent Excel skills, Preferred: SAP system experience
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Coaching - Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Leading Teams - Using appropriate methods and interpersonal styles to develop, motivate, and guide the team to attain successful outcomes and business objectives.
- Active Learning - Demonstrating passion for new information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying new information.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfil current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- “This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.”