Careers in Sales
Renewals Channel Manager Japan今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912907 掲載日 Oct. 08, 2019
Title: Renewals Channel Manager Japan
The Renewals Channel Manager will be part of high growth and fast-paced vibrant culture. In this role, you will be working alongside our already existing Channel organization and reporting into the Japan renewals leader based in Tokyo. In VMware it is crucial to grow, develop and ensure mind share is in place for our Renewals business which delivers >US$100M of revenue per year. The Channel is critical for the success of this business as we transact through a two-tier channel model. The role will be supporting a team of 11 Renewal sales rep where deal sizes range from $300 to as high as multi-million-dollar renewal deals.
The Renewals Channel Manager will be required to work cross-functional departments, for example, license sales, global support team & revenue to drive increased customer success and adoption.
You will be responsible for driving the Channel to maintain high retention rates across renewals and educating the Channel to leverage the renewal event to increase its margins by upselling VMware’s emerging technologies and adding new services.
Success will come from forging strategic relationships with distributors and partners and field sales organization. Negotiating deals and being the escalation point is also required. Building joint business plans to grow our renewal business and maintaining commitment them is a key factor for success.
- Run QBR’s with Distribution and key Partner at Senior Management level
- Own and manage Renewals Development Incentive Funds, planning, execution, tracking & reviews for Japan channel.
Target top partners in Japan to focus on:
- Training for Channel & coaching internal sales team how to engage with each partner
- Sales execution& incentives
- Drive joint plans with existing Channel sales team, build relationships and joint calls
- Support for all partner community
- Be the point of escalation with the channel on all Renewals business
- Drive partner Renewals portal adoption
Further details on the role:
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quota/KPI assignments
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of VMware products and technologies, competitive products and industry trends.
- Develop channel partners by assisting with certification requirements, sales and product training.
- Understanding each key partner's business model, goals and requirements.
- Pro-actively interface partners on a daily basis to provide assistance and support the closure of renewal opportunities
- Get involved in joint customer calls or visits to close Renewal deals.
- Drive issues to resolution with appropriate channel partner functional departments.
- Ability to help develop and implement channel programs and promotions as well as provide on-going constructive feedback regarding their effectiveness.
- Satisfy internal reporting requirements by submitting reports and records in accordance with company policies and practices.
Experience in selling B2B or channel sales, 5-7 years of related experience in a High Tech company within two-tier model.
Proven experience in two or more of the following markets: Computer Hardware Systems, Systems Software, Networking & Communications, and Data Storage / Storage Management Systems.
Strong prospecting, phone and communication skills mandatory.
Skills in time management and organization.
Ability to achieve a high level of customer and partner satisfaction.
A passion for winning, a strong aptitude for business strategy, excellent collaboration skills with a wide variety of cross functional team members, self-starter, self-confident individual with integrity and accountability, highly motivated, competitive, entrepreneurial and energized by a challenging opportunity.
Strong presentation skills with executive-facing composure required.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where strong organizational skills are essential and have strong problem solving, interpersonal and ownership skills, along with strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.