Careers in Sales
Program Manager, Technical Partner Enablement (Remote)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910194-2 掲載日 Jul. 08, 2019
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Our Partner Enablement organization, a division of VMware’s Worldwide Readiness, Assessment, Certification & Enablement (RACE) team, is looking for an experienced Technical Partner Enablement Program Manager. This role reports to the Director, Global Partner Enablement.
In this global role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine the best and most innovative ways to enable our internal Partner-facing Solution Engineers and Architects. This includes training and enablement on VMware solutions and related technologies, business acumen and tools & processes. An understanding of these roles will be key, as well and strong program management and communication/relationship-building skills. Your stakeholders will include technical sales leaders in each geography, as well as leaders in the Worldwide Partner Sales Acceleration Team (PSAT).
This role will also support events such as our global EMPOWER conference and influence strategies for enabling technical partners in both pre- and post-sales services roles.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact to key stakeholders at a global level for Partner Solution Engineers (PSE) and Partner Solution Architects (PSA); gathers enablement requirements, understands roadmaps and priorities
- Owns programs for assigned roles including Quarterly Training Plans (QTPs) and Racetrack (skills/competency matrix and learning paths)
- Steers and supports enablement programs at a global level, while ensuring there are accessible metrics to understand time to productivity and ROI
- Advocates for, and influences initiatives impacting both partners and partner-facing roles; acts as change agent
- Partners with the Content Development team, Geo Centers of Excellence (CoEs) and other stakeholders to ensure content is developed that is relevant to current priorities
- Acts as role Center of Excellence for stakeholders and communicates and advocates for their needs within RACE organization
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in program management, and expertise in Partner enablement or training
- Experience working with Partners in a high-tech environment
- Strong understanding of channel ecosystem
- Strong understanding of technical sales roles
- Excellent communications and senior leader engagement experience
- Ability to develop metrics/KPI that align to the business objectives of the program
- Understanding of enablement/training methodologies and best practices
- Clear, professional, and concise communications (written/verbal), presentation and facilitation skills.
- Must be able to use consultative approach and persuasive communication with stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and to set priorities independently
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- PMP or other project management training or certifications preferred
- Understanding of enterprise software, especially cloud/SaaS, virtualization, networking and/or mobility solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- VMware technical background and certifications a plus
- Ability to travel 5-15%
Home Office - Anywhere in the United States