Careers in Marketing
Product Line Manager - VMware Cloud Provider BU今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910046 掲載日 Jul. 12, 2019
VMware is a worldwide leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud management and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
Do you want to shape the Multi-Cloud world of tomorrow? Join VMware's Cloud Provider Software Business Unit. Our mission is to develop technology which, along with VMware's market leading private cloud technologies, enable Cloud Service Providers (SPs) to deliver hybrid clouds and cloud services across a global network of heterogeneous clouds and endpoints. We build the Cloud Provider Platform that brings together compute, network, storage, management and automation for SPs to offer managed, self-service or multi-tenant infrastructures and application services to their end customers. We help SPs to grow their top line revenue, streamline customer adoption and deliver operational efficiencies.
As a Product Manager within VMware’s Cloud Provider Software Business Unit, you own product strategy and roadmap definition, evaluate build/buy opportunities & work with engineering in delivering the products to the market. In addition, you drive the Go-to-market, pricing & packaging in partnership with our Product Marketing counterparts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with Cloud Service Providers, sales teams and internal partners to identify and define product requirements and initiatives
- Responsible for developing, articulating and advocating the business case for investing in these initiatives in a highly dynamic internal marketplace of product ideas
- Creates product roadmap, prioritizes feature requests and specify product requirements
- Collaborate with engineering teams through the product execution phases
- Partner with Product Marketing and Technical Marketing on go-to-market and launch efforts
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field. MS or MBA a plus.
- 5+ years in product management, technical marketing or sales engineering. Overall 10+ years in technology industry
- Experience in cloud management, cloud services, computer networking and/or enterprise storage
- Strong analytical abilities and a natural predisposition toward data-driven decision-making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Ability to influence and drive multiple teams toward a common vision and strategy
- Public cloud, data center infrastructure and/or Service Provider experience a plus.
- Experience in application development and agile software development process
Updated EOE: (required)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law