Careers in Marketing
Product Line Manager - VMware Cloud Foundation今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910230 掲載日 Jul. 19, 2019
VMware Cloud Foundation™ is the cornerstone of VMware’s Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) architecture. The VMware approach to the SDDC delivers a unified infrastructure platform that provides customers the most flexible, elite hybrid cloud. We build on top of creative compute, network and storage virtualization offerings to build an automated hybrid cloud. This automation extends to managing the lifecycle of the cloud.
Our division and mission within VMware:
Cloud technologies are impacting the way people live, play and work. The Integrated Systems Business Unit builds infrastructure platforms that is among the top priorities at VMware and are fundamentally changing the way customers build clouds. We have the role the opportunity to influence the next generation of clouds – private, public & hybrid.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Line Manager to help introduce and scale products into the hybrid cloud market. As a product manager in this role you will be responsible for defining the requirements for the infrastructure to support next-gen hybrid cloud offerings based on VMware Cloud Foundation. With a solid understanding of the business need, including customer, partner, technology and internal needs, you will drive initiatives that improve and extend the VMware’s hybrid cloud offerings. Success will be measured in driving customer preference based on VMware’s SDDC offerings as a means of deploying hybrid clouds.
Responsibilities cover market strategy, technology vision, product definition, partnering, competitive analysis, and product release management for topics that may range from product features, partner integration, platform extensibility, management orchestration & performance.
- Lead the development of a product vision for a best-in-class joint hybrid cloud offering.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to craft, prioritize and execute on the vision to deliver industry leading hybrid cloud solutions
- Engage customers with early release features, actively seek and internalize input from such customers.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing in collateral generation for sales & customer enablement, serving as an authority on your product line(s)
- Build unrivaled differentiators for your products based on market analysis & customer feedback promoting these in social media, user groups & conferences
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management OR 2-3 years of Product Management experience with a background in technical marketing, engineering management, sales engineering, or professional services
- Experience launching or creating new products
- Solid understanding of operational excellence in managing data centers.
- A strong customer first attitude
- A real passion for product design and design thinking.
- Proven ability to work with sales and sales engineering teams.
- Excellent social skills and experience leading complex enterprise partnerships
- Confident decision-making with the ability to influence internal and external partners
- A roll up the sleeves approach to getting the job done
- Strong partnering & teaming behavior to bring together diverse views
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation abilities
- Understanding of hybrid cloud technologies and hyper-convergence
This position is eligible for the CloudFoundationHiring referral campaign