Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Product Design Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907700 掲載日 Jul. 22, 2019
The VMware Design team is looking for a hands-on design leader looking to manage a talented, focused, and fast-moving design team within VMware. We're looking for someone who can build, drive, and execute on a vision for their team. At VMware, a product design manager focuses on developing and growing product designers while also pushing the boundaries of design quality and process within their own team as well as the overall design team at VMware.
We're a dedicated team that moves fast, upholds design quality, values consistency and simplicity, and focuses on customers and their needs. We work together and value "we" over "me". We believe in inclusion both within our team and in the way we build products and make that clear in the way we hire, design, and execute. We value growth and encourage, not just respect, our differences. We're the organization to "get it done" together. We're not afraid to make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow together as a team and an organization.
We love what we do and build products that are used by hundreds of thousands of productive individuals and organizations around the world.
- Have the passion and ability to articulate your vision, work with the product design, management, and development teams to drive execution, and can maintain a high level of design quality.
- Care about every pixel we're shipping and always strive for excellence.
- Push the boundaries of design beyond the "functional" to building products that people love to use every single day.
- Embrace accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
- Eight years or more of experience designing and building products.
- Two to three-year experience managing and/or leading design teams.
- Experience in agile methodologies, lean UX, and helping teams deliver great design work faster.
- Examples you can share on how you mentored and helped product designers grow within an organization.
- Experience working with multiple modern design tools such as Sketch, Framer, Figma, Invision, etc.
- A great portfolio that can help us get an insight of into your work and the work you've led to completion.
Great if you also have:
- Experience in prototyping and motion design.
- Coding skills especially with modern frameworks like Angular, React, and VUE.
- Spoken at conferences or led workshops on design or product.
This position is eligible for the GrowDesign referral campaign