Careers in Finance
Policy Advisor – Policy Implementation and Oversight Office今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1912105 掲載日 Sep. 11, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in a Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back.
Enterprise Data Management is the centralized data management team for VMware. Recently formed, this team will drive the establishment, deployment and adoption of data management capabilities across the company. The team is responsible for data governance, metadata, data quality, master data management and the implementation of data management capabilities in large projects.
Job Role and Responsibility
The Policy Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing of policies and will respond to business needs for new data policies and keep up to date existing policies. This role will also be responsible to ensure our policies are aligned with enterprise wide company policies and that they are promptly reviewed, approved and published in a timely manner.
This role will require strong strategical thinking, innovative, creative problem-solving skills, understanding of policy lifecycle management, data governance, data privacy laws, regulations and compliance to ensure the policy implementation approach enables the overall business strategy and supporting of data management strategy objectives. You will need to work across several levels in a rapidly growing environment and in developing, documenting, drafting and implementing of policies and relevant solutions.
Your ability to assimilate requirements and input from multiple sources and to craft succinct, relevant policies will be key to your success in this role.
This role will report to the Director – Policy Oversight and Implementation.
- Responsible for reviewing existing data policy plan, drafting, developing and launching new policies
- Serving as the policy expert on cross-functional teams on policy implementation and consultation
- Keep up-to-date with pertinent data privacy laws, legislation, regulations, trends, developments and best practices in various countries and determine relevancy to VMware policy direction
- Research key policy issues and laws in different countries / Federal legislations and update the master policy requirements document
- Be a trusted advisor and partner to teams across the company to understand business needs and systems/tools while developing, reviewing, editing, publishing and updating enterprise data policies
- Collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from engineers to sales and marketing managers, Legal, HR, BU representatives, domain experts, Attorney’s, IT experts etc., and work with them to reach consensus on policy issues to influence and guide policy development, implementation, decisions and prioritization with great trust and safety
- Ensure collection and use of data in compliance with regulatory and company requirements for data privacy and security
- Managing the enterprise data policy expectations including initiating regular reviews for relevancy, consistency, and completeness
- Work closely with the Data Governance teams and Global Privacy council to ensure Enterprise Data Management policies are complimenting and aligned with the overall business processes, data owners, systems, community standards, internal approach and enterprise related policies
- Work with partners and Policy Working Group and Policy Executive Council to identify and manage risks associated with policy violations and exceptions
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to continually improve enterprise data policy development processes and strategy
- Assist with responding to questions/inquiries from business units with respect to policies and data management
- Provide ongoing support to stakeholders for implementation of the policies
- Synthesize research/analysis on policies accurately, clearly and concisely
- Assist in improving user experience with respect to policy-related issues
- Manage and resolve escalations from users and internal stakeholders on policy escalations after policy launch
- Drive awareness training's through online mandatory courses, classroom sessions etc., and build understanding of our policies within VMWare and across our user base
- Advance education and conversations around best practices in the data policy and related space
- Other duties as assigned
- Support Data Policy lead in audit: Prepare interview queries, conduct gap analysis and help publish audit findings
- Support Data privacy manager in enabling and publishing the policy documents
- Help track policy deviations and conduct quarterly policy adoption read-outs to Management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years relevant work experience preferably in policy development, or policy operationalization and implementation with an emphasis on technology
- Strong analytical and research skills to help shape the Policy Implementation strategy
- Proven ability to draft policies, reports, briefs, policy playbooks, policy implementation roadmaps etc., that is presented to employees, members, customers as relevant
- Understanding business, products, its requirements and expectations
- Excellent written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and Visio
- Commitment to accuracy and thoroughness
- Work well interdependently in a collaborative and cross-functional environment with colleagues across the country
- Work effectively to meet tight and shifting deadlines
- Ability to use good judgment in dealing with all contacts to maintain the professional image of VMware
- Must be proactive, a self-starter and effective with work prioritization
- Experience with advanced product and/or program management
- Knowledge and experience with policy, combined with knowledge of technology and key policy issues affecting data privacy
- Experience using data and technology to solve complex business problems coupled with a proven ability to exercise judgment even in a crisis
- Ability to translate complex regulations/issues into simple, clear language
- Fluency in English
- Good understanding of VMware and passion for its EPIC2 Values and principles
- Ability to work in a fast-paced policy making environment and under pressure. Sensitive to the needs of partners
- Must have good judgment, excellent planning skills, taking initiative, and exceeding goals
- Must be a problem solver and decision-maker
- Familiarity with Collibra desired
- Experience in project management, requirements gathering and process improvement techniques
- Ability to facilitate and lead effective meetings including project kick-offs, status meetings, requirement-gathering workshops, roadshows, and training sessions
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.