Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Open Source Engineer, Kubernetes Cluster API今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907399 掲載日 Jul. 12, 2019
Kubernetes Cluster API
The Cloud Native Applications team is one of the leading innovation groups at VMware. Building and delivering cloud-native solutions for private, hybrid and public clouds, this VMware team brings extensive expertise for container networking, security, storage, operations and monitoring to our enterprise and service provider solutions. VMware is making significant contributes to Kubernetes and is looking for an engineer to join the VMware team working on Kubernetes Cluster API.
Job Description and Scope of the Role
This engineer will work within the Kubernetes community on developing and supporting the open source Kubernetes Cluster API, which manages the lifecycle (create, scale, upgrade, destroy) of Kubernetes clusters, both in the cloud and on-premises. The engineer is expected to make significant and high-quality contributions by designing new functionality, writing code, and performing code reviews.
- Participate in the development and design of the Kubernetes Cluster API.
- Collaborate with the open source community as well as product teams within VMware.
- Write automated feature and regression tests as part of daily development.
- Play an hands-on role across the entire software development life cycle.
The ideal candidate will possess some of the following experience:
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Programming experience with Go.
- Understanding of distributed systems.
- Storng oral and written communication.
- Effective in working both independently and in a distributed team setting.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware supports applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.