Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Open Source Engineer - Contour - Remote今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907394 掲載日 Jun. 11, 2019
The cloud native team is looking for open source engineers that collaborate and contribute to furthering the interoperability of cloud native environments. Do you have experience participating and giving to cutting edge projects like Kubernetes? Do you enjoy connecting things together? Are you experienced in APIs, interfaces, software infrastructure, cloud, automation, and containers? If so then consider joining the VMware family. We are an innovative company and we want you to bring diverse viewpoints to help deliver the best solutions. We are an equal opportunity company with fair hiring practices. VMware is making significant contributions to Kubernetes and is looking for a senior engineer to help us innovate Kubernetes networking.
Job Role and Responsibility
You will collaborate with a distributed team on enhancements to Contour (https://projectcontour.io), an open source Kubernetes ingress controller. This team, along with an active and engaged user base, is adding features, fixing bugs, and enhancing this popular open source project.
- You've worked on or with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack. This includes Kubernetes, Docker, and Go.
- You have built server software as an engineer and recognize the challenges, complexities and tradeoffs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- You are passionate about distributed systems, HTTP routing, and load balancing at scale.
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to act autonomously, helping technically manage a project.
- You are passionate about working with new technology to make many people happier every day.