Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
New Graduate – Enterprise Data & Analytics – Data Governance Specialist今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908929 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow, and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities
The Data Governance Specialist will help facilitate the design of the future of Data Governance for VMware by being a vital member of the Data Governance team. The Data Governance team will serve as thought leaders for data governance across the company, establish and provide oversight and transparency into the company’s data governance program, and partner with core data management and technology teams to implement the data governance strategy.
This role will require strong communication skills, and creative problem-solving skills to ensure the data governance strategy enables the business strategy and objectives.
- Support the Data Governance team in establishing Data Stewardship Committees and Working groups
- Support the Data Governance team in establishing and operating the company’s critical data forums (data councils, working groups, etc.)
- Drive adoption of the company’s Enterprise Business Glossary
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, or relevant field of study.
- Strong verbal and listening skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse population
- 0-2 years of experience within any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Pricing, Sales Operations, Renewals, Data Science, etc
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- Ability to establish relationships across functions and drive to common goals
- MS Excel, Access, Oracle or related systems and tools skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Ability working with cross-functional teams
- Enterprise-level experience and comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- Effective presentation skills
- Fascination with information technology and its use in business
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.