Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
New Graduate - Associate Project Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1909591 掲載日 Oct. 02, 2019
New Grad- Academy Program – Associate Project Manager – Americas Professional Services
Work Here. Transform Everywhere
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website.
We have the journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), the Academy Training program is designed to fast track our new graduate hires from training into successful careers in the Worldwide Sales and Services organization. We offer you in-depth training focused on our most exciting technologies, while growing your skills throughout the progression.
Associate Project Managers will work with our highly talented and experienced VMware Professional Services (PS) Team to deliver projects to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading PS projects that are of low to medium complexity, from initiation to close out. The Associate Project Manager will adhere to the VMware Project Management Organization (PMO) methodology and deliver these projects to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks and act as the primary interface to our customer (internal and external) to manage the full life cycle of projects or programs. We're looking for people who love to service our customers, have strong business ethics and great communication skills. VMware does not sponsor immigration for this role.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is available to start July 2020
- Completing Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, IT Business Management, Management, or equivalent
- A self-motivated person with high interpersonal skills, that will give their all to exceed goals and develop their career dreams.
- Customer focused, an outgoing individual that can build rapport easily, no matter what situation.
- Someone who loves to collaborate, has strong business ethics and phenomenal problem solving and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Someone who will deliver our projects with the desired goals and outcomes in mind, focused on delighting our customers by providing exceptional services.
- Has hands on project management experience from internships, Co-Ops, relevant work experiences and/or project work with client facing work experiences
- Has Leadership experience through either leading campus extracurricular activities (e.g., clubs) or volunteer work
- Are willing to travel up to 2% of the time
- Are willing to relocate (if required)
Nice to Have:
- Passionate about technology and how it is changing the world for the better, especially within the cloud computing technologies space.
- Knowledge of VMware products
- Manage the execution of the project plan and the detailed Statement of Work (SOW) developed for the customer.
- Manage the goals and scope of a project to ensure VMware’s commitments to the customer are achieved.
- Prepare and maintain clear and concise activity/progress/time recording reports in accordance with VMware’s standards and submits to customers, management and Sales.
- Manage the implementation and daily activities, which are coordinated with VMware and/or partner resources.
- Communicate project budget and resource allocation to sales, customers and delivery personnel.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer and account team.
- Communicate to all stakeholders and concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues
- Create and manage the VMware Project Change process as needed.
- Stay informed of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, continued professional development, VMware required quarterly training, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars.
- Articulate and evangelize the value of the VMware Solutions and Services business benefit to the customer.
- Provide a single point of contact during the project lifecycle for all aspects of the project.
- Maintain financial management and the processes for following and executing of revenue recognition rules and policies.
- Manage and validate weekly revenue forecast.
- Perform other duties as required.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
- Project delivery - Delivering to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and financial parameters
- Meet or surpass a targeted billable utilization goal
- Customer satisfaction – as measured by post project completion survey
- Commitment to consulting delivery
- Provides value beyond simply managing the administrative aspects of the project
- Works with account teams to build relationships and drive account strategy
- Providing thought leadership to enhance the quality of VMware-customer relationship
Find out more:
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.