Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
New Grad- Quality Developer - Tanzu Mission Control (Launch Program)今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1909316 掲載日 Oct. 16, 2019
University Launch Summary
University Launch is an immersive R&D new graduate program specifically designed for recent college graduates at theBachelor’slevel. University Launch new graduates will experience in-depth exposure to VMware’s products and business, best-in-class technical training opportunities, and career-boosting mentorships. This program will bring new graduates together and kickstart an impactful journey in VMware’s Product organization. Start dates are in July or August 2020.
About the Team
Do you love working on state of the art technology on a dynamic and high performing team? Are you ready to help VMware develop a platform which enables customers manage their Kubernetes clusters?
Tanzu Mission Control team works on challenging problems of managing the lifecycle of hundreds of customer’s Kubernetes clusters on public clouds. Tanzu Mission Control provides customers with a powerful, API driven platform that allows operators to apply policy to individual clusters or groups of clusters, establishing guardrails and freeing developers to work within those boundaries.
For more information view the following links
Job Description and Scope of the Role
This engineer is expected to make significant, direct and high quality contributions to verify quality, security and scale of the service that lead to increased market share and customer happiness. Main responsibilities include reviewing product designs for quality and customer expectations, designing and developing automated functional, stress and scale tests, and building synthetic clients to help monitor the running service.
- Write automated scenario, stress, performance and scale tests to validate the new solutions getting delivered into cloud service
- Review product designs for customer experience, quality concerns and testability
- Develop common test libraries and infrastructure to be used by other engineers
- Develop synthetic clients to simulate customer usage for monitoring the service is meeting expected Service Level Objectives
- Ensure that quality measures are part of the CI/CD process
- Play an active hands-on role ensuring quality across the entire software development life cycle, including helping to deliver software into production and ensuring that it continues to operate as designed. This includes participation in periodic on-call duty.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
- Practical experience developing, testing and operating a service in a public cloud.
- Outstanding coding/scripting skills, preferably in Go.
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Jenkins and CI/CD environment
- Familiar with Kubernetes
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware