Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
New Grad - Production Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913046 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
Business Summary: Cloud Management
VMware's Cloud Management Business Unit is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to play a pivotal role in advancing team's SRE endeavors. Cloud Management Business Unit is a catalyst to VMware's portfolio of cloud services. This transformation to cloud is turning out to be an exciting journey and we are looking to build a solid SRE team with focus on various production engineering aspects like CICD, SRE, Monitoring etc. SRE team will be responsible for taking SaaS service to production from inception, while providing actionable insights into these services running on AWS cloud.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com. VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibility:
Be part of the team to transform billion-dollar revenue generating CMBU products into SaaS offering in AWS. This is an outstanding opportunity for you to participate in the creation of our next generation products using innovative technologies for a large application domain, working in cross-team and cross-geo environment.
A close-knit, but growing team of CICD and SRE engineers who are all eager to take on big challenges. We have the luxury to use the latest cutting-edge technologies like Java 9, Spring 5, Kubernetes, Go, AWS cloud services, Terraform, Packer and Wavefront monitoring. We strive to maintain a great work-life balance on our team and to promote an atmosphere of learning from each other. If our business and culture sound like they might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you.
- Background with Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Strong knowledge of Java/Python/Golang with good object-oriented programming skills
- Contribute towards development efforts of common tools and frameworks
- Inclinations to work in site reliability and production engineering
- Passion to monitor service uptime and health issues in production environments
- Familiarity with continuous integration and automation server like Jenkins
- Familiarity with building infrastructure services consumable by R&D teams
- Familiarity with platforms like Kubernetes, Containers and public clouds
- Familiarity with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable products in a SaaS model
- Familiarity with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a plus
- Familiarity with Observability infrastructure like Grafana, Prometheus, Telegraf etc.
- Develop AWS infrastructure automation using Terraform, Packer and Ansible
- Build system like Maven, Nexus, Gradle
- Familiarity with scripting (Perl, shell)
- Familiarity with Linux Systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.