Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
New Grad - IT, Cloud Services Development & Operations - Solutions Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908798 掲載日 Sep. 12, 2019
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
The IT Solution Engineering team plays a major role in leading new technological solutions that will serve the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. Our team collaborates with various business units to compare technologies, perform technical evaluations and lead new solution implementation from inception to Go-Live while continuously looking at ways to operationalize and automate VMware's public and private cloud services.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a Solutions Engineer, you will play a major role as advocate for new technology solutions. These solutions will meet the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle, collaborating with business units, comparing technologies, and performing technical evaluations. You will constantly look at ways to operationally, automate, and improve our public and private cloud services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and recommend technical solutions based on business requirements, industry standards, and system growth and future capacity requirements
- Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions for Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds
- Gather business requirements from service owners and stake holders
- Production Pilot implementation and escalation support in partnership with service owners
- Automation of operational tasks
- Operational ownership during transition period and Transition to service owner
- Document and update product's technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Escalation and on-call support
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering , or Information Technology)
- Basic understanding of fundamentals for application, sever, and network security.
- Basic level of VMware vSphere knowledge
- Basic level of systems knowledge for Linux, Windows, Web Services, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory
- Basic understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and networking concepts (e.g. STP, BGP, OSPF, Load-Balancing, VPN)
- Knowledge of Public cloud offerings (VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- If you possess a public portfolio or project (ie: Github repository, website or app) that you would like to showcase, please include on resume or application.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.