Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
MTS2 - Member of Technical staff今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1811564 掲載日 Dec. 11, 2018
VMware has been the leader in virtualization software in the on-prem data center. The company is now shifting toward becoming a cloud service company with its software-defined datacenter (SDDC) for onprem internal cloud and VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC). ESXi is the foundational layer in the SDDC software stack, abstracting the physical infrastructure into the virtualization layer that powers VMs and containers running in the cloud.
Our team owns the validation of ESXi host platform in the SDDC for both internal and public cloud. We also participate in the transformation of software delivery model into the cloud service model. We are developing and operating the automation infrastructure and engine that run all validation services from code checkin, to functional validation of the product and solutions, all the way through the validation of the service at scale.
You will be participating in this transformation journey that will require your developer, problem-solving skills, innovations, as well as your determination to overcome any challenges on our way to become the cloud service software company. You will learn and grow professionally on both your technical and leadership capabilities, both are critical for your future career growth.
We will need an automation software engineer to:
- Builds applications to validate hypervisor of ESXi from server centric perspective, moving towards enabling customer first then moving into cloud running datacenter on public cloud. The software is operated by VMware.
- Validate hypervisor of ESXi from the service angle of the cloud stack. In order to automate that, you need to build applications that allow us to deploy testbed on AWS hardware, then deploy the software stack on the testbed - the full Software Defined Datacenter.
- Orchestrate the set of tests running against this environment. The set of diagnostic capabilities allow us to diagnose the early detection of failures in cloud environment. There is a shift from product to service from validation point of view. We need to develop software to allow us to automate the whole process.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Less than 5 years’ experience in testing and releasing software products
- Experience in PYTHON language
- Experience in Web Service and Distributed System
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skill required
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere products
- Familiarity with Kernel and Operation System
- Familiarity with Jenkins, kafka and kubenete