Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Member Technical Staff - 3今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1915071 掲載日 Nov. 12, 2019
VMware HCI BU is seeking a Senior Engineer to design and develop a scalable distributed Storage Management infrastructure to operate VMWare Managed Cloud (VMC) - SDDCs hosted in AWS or other public clouds.
Our team's mission is to build storage management software to establish vSphere & vSAN as the best HCI platform to deploy and manage VM and container applications.
- Looking for an engineer to develop a scalable distributed platform infrastructure to be able to operate VMware Managed Cloud (VMC) - SDDCs hosted in AWS or other public clouds.
- Design and Develop Storage Management features in vSphere, VMWare Managed Cloud, and VSAN - Storage Policy Based Management (SPBM), First Class Disks (FCD)
- Deliver key features of distributed data center product for on-prem and cloud.
- Review requirements, functional spec, design and participate in code reviews and technical decisions
- Masters or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- 3 -5+ years of experience designing and developing software for large scale distributed systems
- Experience working in product development R&D teams is a must
- Strong background in object-oriented design and programming
- Strong fundamentals in Distributed Systems, Concurrency, Clustering, and Multi-threaded systems.
- Hands on experience coding in JAVA
- Top-notch analytical and great problem solver
Desired skills (Not Mandatory)
- Experience developing software for managing Storage or containerized workloads using Kubernetes, Docker and any other emerging container technologies
- Experience designing and developing Micro Services
- Knowledge of VMWare vSphere software stack
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining functionality for highly scalable SaaS applications or infrastructure product development in an agile environment.