Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Member of Technical Staff今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913959 掲載日 Nov. 01, 2019
VMware is looking for Software Engineer to join our VMware’s NSX team. NSX is a key component of VMware’s software defined datacenter (SDDC) and allows our customers to build, host and deploy applications in their cloud.
You will design and implemente the next generation of networking applications using your expertise in distributed systems, software technologies and open source tools to solve difficult customer use cases and delight them in the process. You will be part of a bright engineering team that has open communication, innovation, empowerment and a customer success culture. You will collaborate with cross functional teams on innovative projects, with the authority and scope to apply your expertise in a fast-paced and technically driven environment.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust and scalable systems, We're looking for ideas and skills from every area of computer science, including distributed systems, large-scale system design, networking and security. We hire engineers who can tackle hard problems in new areas and help define new markets.
- Design and implementation in Java to manage and enable robust, scalable, high-volume applications.
- Implement unit and integration tests in Java and Python.
- Lead and contribute significantly to engineering projects spanning multiple groups and team members.
- Ensure standards and procedures are being adhered to. Mentor engineers into the core development processes.
- Work and adhere to iterative software development
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
- Benchmark with other commercial and open source offerings and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Periodically travel may be required to interact with customers, users as well as remote team in Palo Alto.
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
-5+ years of general software programming experience in Java or C++.
- Experience of Python, knowledge of TCP/IP and database internals will be plus.
- Software development experience on Linux is preferred
- Should have experience of development of large scale applications - web infrastructure, distributed systems, database replication, high availability etc.
- Ability to technically lead engineering teams to deliver projects.
- Knowledge of distributed systems, virtualization, networking and security constructs and open source software is preferred.
We are bold, we are not afraid to question the status-quo. We promote innovation that disrupts industry. We embrace diversity and folks who think different. We dream big and we have the passion and drive to make those dreams a reality and have fun doing it!
VMware is an equal opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.