Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Member of technical staff: VPN development今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913384 掲載日 Oct. 16, 2019
The candidate would be part of the development team that owns end to end delivery of VPN on VMWare’s industry leading SDN platform: NSX. The role requires designing, developing and productization of software for NSX edge control plane and data plane. The candidate will need to have a breadth of background in engineering with exposure to networking, security, multithreaded systems, and C/C++/Python programming.
Candidate should have a prior development experience in the area of L2/L3 networking.
Development experience involving VPN or other network Security technologies would be a plus.
Candidate should have a working experience with one or more of these: Containers/ Micro-services/ dockers/ Kubernetes.
Candidate should have an exposure to cloud application development for public cloud offerings like: AWS/Azure/Google cloud
The candidate needs to have strong communication, interpersonal and team playing skills and is expected to deliver high quality software in a fast paced environment.
- Comprehension of various standards and industry trends in the area of VPN (IPSec, L2VPN, SSLVPN)
- Interaction with product management, architects, cross-functional teams and contribute to the software design as per requirements.
- Collaborating with other team members and develop high quality software in accordance with the design.
- Coming up with differentiating, innovative and forward looking solutions in VPN area.
Accelerate the vision through rapid prototyping and productization.
- BE, B.Tech, ME, MTech in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 6+ years in developing networking, security products and /or features
- Solid background in C/C++, Python
- Development experience in the area of networking is expected
- Prior experience with SDN/ Cloud networking products / Virtualization/ Containerization technologies is expected.
- Prior experience with IPSec VPN and/or L2VPN and/or SSLVPN solutions is preferred
- Experience with Intel DPDK is preferred
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal skills, and should be able to deliver high quality code for large and complex systems.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a good team player.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics