Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Member of Technical Staff- Quality Engineering今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911388 掲載日 Aug. 21, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.VMware software powers the world’s complex digital infrastructure. The company’s compute, cloud, mobility, networking and security offerings provide a dynamic and efficient digital foundation to over 500,000 customers globally, aided by an ecosystem of 75,000 partners. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, this year VMware celebrates twenty years of breakthrough innovation benefiting business and society.At the core of what we do are our employees who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Want to be part of a compassionate community that grows with architecting whats next in IT? Learn more atvmware.com/careers.Storage and Availability Business Unit: We are a highly-innovative team who is always looking to disrupt and change the storage and availability landscape. With our SRM (Site Recovery Manager) and vSAN (software defined storage) solutions, we are fundamentally transforming how companies across the world, ranging from Fortune 100s to emerging start-ups, build, run and manage storage and availability.
We are looking for an Automation Quality Engineer who has passion and expertise in coding skills. You will be responsible in improving the automation process, triaging automation issues, enhancing the automation framework with new next-gen capabilities, and developing new test automation to ensure product quality.
- Are you passionate about delivering quality software, highly technical, and detail oriented?
- Are you driven to understand how the software is implemented and have extensive experience with writing robust/reliable automated tests that can stand the test of time?
- Do you love technology and thrive under the high standards required when creating a platform others build upon?
If yes, here is an opportunity for you:
Job Role & Responsibility:
- Automate complex testing scenarios and use cases to reduce test execution and triaging time and improve engineering efficiency.
- Drive automation efforts; build an automation platform that will enable team to write automation tests quickly and efficiently.
- Work independently as well as in a team of engineers for automating test cases of VMware’s storage and data protection product.
- Participate in review of feature, design specification and code.
- Work with different teams (Development/Product Management/Operation/Support) to collect necessary information to improve and enhance existing test coverage.
- Identify and build new tools & utilities which can be widely used by engineering team
- Handle activities to meet the delivery dates and report accurate, complete status.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience with Software Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quality engineering and coding of real-time enterprise applications is required
- Proficient in Python programming
- Familiarity working with rest API
- Hands on experience in building automation framework and scale/stress testing
- Deeper understanding of software design principles
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Experience working in Linux & Windows environment
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, multi-task and flexible with working hours
- Experience in testing storage and/or data protection products
- Knowledge of VMware virtualization products is a plus
- Experience in Agile Software development practices in a matrixed QE team
- Experience with Continuous Integration processes
- Working Experience in AWS or any cloud platform is an excellent bonus
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.