Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Member of Technical Staff - Monitor Group今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907708 掲載日 Jun. 25, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
In VMware’s Cloud Platform business unit, we are working to build products and solutions that power the hybrid cloud. You will get to work with our largest customers to define the next generation of industry-leading cloud platform. You'll work with highly motivated and very smart engineers. You will drive new initiatives around software appliances, streamlined delivery of software-defined data center components to on premise and public clouds, and explore solutions for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure market. The Monitor Group is part of our Core Platform Group which is responsible for our Core Virtualization Infrastructure.
Job Role and Responsibility:
We are searching for talented and highly motivated individuals to join our virtual machine monitor group in Bellevue Washington. The machine monitor group is responsible for the CPU virtualization technology in VMware products. You will have the opportunity to work with bleeding edge CPU technology, VT-x/AMD-V, interrupt virtualization, memory virtualization/management, and virtualization of other forms of compute technologies and accelerators.
You will work independently and as a member of a team of software engineers to design and deliver features in support of new processors.
This work requires you to possess a deep understanding of processor architecture and low-level OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture.
- Systems-level software engineer with a passion for working at a low level
- MSCS or PhD preferred, with 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
- Excellent knowledge of OS kernel internals, including memory management, resource management, and interrupt architecture
- Strong background in computer architecture
- Strong software engineering background with a passion for delivering enterprise-quality software
- Must be an excellent hands-on implementer with strong C programming skills in a Linux/Windows environment
- Prior experience in security area including encryption, key management, attestation infrastructure, mitigation of low-level system vulnerabilities a plus
- Development experience working on low-level, performance-critical software is a plus
- Prior development experience with dynamic/binary translation or compilers is a plus
- Strong knowledge of x86 assembly/architecture is also a plus
- Exposure to VMs (Java or x86)
This position is eligible for the DiversifyCPBU referral campaign