Careers in Marketing
Marketing Programs-Events Manager, Global Market Development – Telco Business Unit今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1906854-2 掲載日 Jun. 04, 2019
VMware stands out from other organizations because of its strong corporate culture and EPIC2 values which inspire people to bring their authentic and creative selves to work every single day.
If you are considering VMware as a potential next employer, you couldn’t have chosen a better time.
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) (‘Telcos/Cable Companies’) are looking to adopt virtualization and cloud technologies to transform the delivery of core network services and become providers of rich 5G and IoT services, rather than simple connectivity providers. With a proven track record in virtualization and cloud technologies and services, honed over 20 years of delivering best in class solutions to the Enterprise sector, VMware is ideally placed to be a leading vendor in Telco Cloud solutions for digital transformation and already commands a leading market share in this market segment.
Job Role and Responsibilities
VMware has a position available within the Telco Business Unit for a well-rounded, hard worker with a “can do” attitude, to manage marketing programs for the team with a specific focus on managing industry events and social media. In this role you will report to the Senior Director, Global Market Development, Telco Business Unit and work closely with sales, partner marketing, product marketing to execute a wide range of industry events to ultimately drive pipeline. This position is perfect for the event marketer that is excited to manage all aspects (planning, development and execution) of events and has superior organization, negotiation and communication skills as well as the ability to manage resources and budgets effectively and creatively. The ideal candidate must have strong hands-on experience planning and executing events in a fast-paced environment.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for building out the team’s global social media efforts across Linkedin, Twitter, FB and Youtube as appropriate.
The target audience of the Telco Business Unit is the Communication Service Provider (CSP) business and technical decision maker, including C-level personas. Solutions currently comprise Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Infrastructure, Service Assurance and Software-Defined WAN (SDWAN). Experience of marketing-to/with, and a knowledge of, the communication service provider industry and services would be a key advantage.
Specifics of the role and experience required
Primary Goal: Support the pipeline growth of VMware Telco Business Unit products and solutions
Secondary Goal: Support increased awareness for VMware Telco Business Unit solutions portfolio
- Own all logistics for Industry 3rd party events from start to finish, including collaboration across multiple teams, project management, onsite event support, registration management and other duties
- Collaborate with Market Development, Leadership Team and Sales on event strategy and execution
- Analyze event operations including tracking budget, establishing success metrics and prepare and implement recommendations for improving operational efficiencies within the events
- Create pre-event planning decks and post event summary decks for all stakeholders
- Understand Telco Business Unit’s positioning and product solutions with the ability to ensure consistent, on-brand messaging
- Conduct research and identify new Industry event opportunities for the company
- Manage multiple, complex timetables successfully in a collaborative extremely fast paced environment
- Manage external relationships (agencies, vendors) and work with cross-functional internal teams; creative services, marketing ops, which support direct efforts and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute programs
- Research and report creative event options, off-site venues, and entertainment based on program format and budget
- Provide onsite event support, registration management and other duties
- Manage and contribute towards creative problem solving
- Enable the marketing team in other theaters to execute on Industry events in their regions
- Develops effective and engaging content across multiple social channels, in a variety of formats from written to visual to video and more
- Manage social media communities by curating, scheduling and responding to daily posts across LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube etc., maintaining the appropriate brand voice and growing following and engagement in all platforms. Collaborate closely with internal design and video teams to create dynamic assets for posts
- Utilize appropriate measurement tools to assess the effectiveness, reach, and impact of social media programs compared to our goals and monitors the sentiment of online content
- Coordinate on Blog execution to support complimentary duties such as publishing and securing approvals to ensure posts adhere to strict accuracy and timing requirements
- Reports social and digital content analytics by reporting growth and engagement and highlighting metrics on a quarterly basis
Required Skills and Experience
- Telco domain experience required
- 5+ years of professional experience in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- 3+ years event experience
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Experience with Marketo or Eloqua
- Experience managing projects to a fixed budget and proven ROI
- Experience managing third-party vendors and contractors
- Proven ability to take direction and input in order to develop effective and engaging branded events that will achieve organizational goals
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic and problem solver
- Flexible personality and quick learner who operates with a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and ability to manage budget spreadsheets.
- Excellent Microsoft PowerPoint (and Office)
- Strong virtual team working abilities with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; ability to influence and work collaboratively across organizations
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience defining and reporting program KPIs and measurement
- Social media marketing savvy
- BS or BA related degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience
VMware is a company that is built on shared values and having a strong corporate culture and identity is key to what makes it a great place to work.
These values best expressed through the acronym EPIC2: execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
- Execution is a core value that encourages collaboration and high standards. VMware teams debate and discuss, and then get things done. Egos are checked at the door, and shared work is focused on impact, quality, and efficiency.
- Passion means challenging the status quo. VMware people are inspired to follow their curiosity and the pursuit of the seemingly impossible to continuously make things better for customers, products, and each other.
- Integrity focuses on building trust. Employees are expected to say what they do and do what they say. The company supports peers to build and cultivate relationships with one another, customers, partners, shareholders, and the community—without taking anything for granted.
- Customers make it possible. They are core to VMware’s mission. The innovation that flows out of VMware frees customers from constraints and enables organizations of all types to meet their toughest technological challenges.
- Community acknowledges connection. Employees are encouraged to approach each other with open minds and fearless hearts. Opportunities to serve by dedicating time, talent, and energy are plentiful.
VMware is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and offers a positive and productive work place (We have been on list of 100 best places to work for in the country for several years), a comprehensive benefit package and competitive compensation.