Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Manager, Wavefront Customer Success今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911549 掲載日 Aug. 22, 2019
Job Description Global Customer Success lead for Wavefront by VMware
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. To accelerate our delivery for the cloud, Wavefront is the leading Observability service for companies born in the cloud, and is helping leading Enterprises as they undertake the journey from reactive monitoring to proactive observability. . Wavefront has built a highly reliable, scalable and resilient cloud-based analytics platform now delivering Enterprise Observability aaS. It leapfrogs us into application management of next-generation modern applications, offering customers end-to-end operations management for virtual, containerized and multi-cloud infrastructures.
Wavefront Customer Success engages with customers of all types to understand and accelerate the realization of their business objectives through the successful adoption of Wavefront by VMWare SaaS. We create customers for life by cultivating key relationships through continuous engagement, focusing on delivering positive business outcomes and ensuring a seamless customer experience.
We are a team focused on the following:
- Developing a plan for each customer’s success and measuring progress against it
- While being responsive to the always-on needs of leading SaaS customers, we are focused on delivering best practices to support the top enterprises as they go beyond monitoring on their observability journeys
- Ensuring timely and successful customer on-boarding, enablement, and training
- Driving healthy user adoption and expanded usage of relevant Wavefront observability solutions in support of customer use cases
- Maintaining customer satisfaction by engaging the right VMware teams, removing roadblocks, and influencing product roadmaps in support of our existing customers
- Aligning and executing on a systematic internal and external customer communication plan
Our success is measured by the increased adoption/consumption of the Wavefront by VMWare solutions and retention and growth of customer relationships.
Strategic Leadership of the Customer Success Function
- Bring industry’s best practices as Wavefront by VMware rapidly scales, as arguably the best-in-class SaaS service at VMware
- Think strategically about growing the customer success function as it scales to deliver the best support across tiers of customers. Proactive thinking about knee-points in the Wavefront customer success organization at it grows
- Proactive leadership in leveraging VMW customer success touch points for the best VMW customer experience
Customer Value Realization
- Primary responsibility for understanding customer’s roadmap and use cases, becoming a trusted advisor to assist them with 3D observability (Distributed Tracing, Histogram and Metrics) and challenge customers to think in new and creative ways that enable them to maximize value.
- Manage and responsible for all Wavefront customers and serve as the first line of contact, post-sales for creating a success plan for the customer.
- Proactively Identify risks to the customer achieving their stated business goals and work with the Wavefront team to build a risk mitigation plan.
Internal Customer Champion and Advocate
- Ensure customers needs and challenges are communicated and understood by Executives and functional teams.
- Drive resolution of problems or critical issues for assigned customers by aligning appropriate resources, including professional communication with all stakeholders
- Anticipate future customer needs and proactively reach out to resources at VMware to address them
- Meet with customers on a regular basis to proactively monitor deployment velocity and work towards addressing any adoption blockers.
- Create a Customer Success Plan that tracks milestones and measure progress against the same
- Proactively take actions for customers below threshold health score
- Leverage CS analytics for identifying predictive indicators of churn and take mitigating actions
- Conduct periodic touch-points to measure customer satisfaction and product deployment levels
- Monitor Customer Health Score in CS platform
Adoption and Customer Retention
- You will work with customers and help customer with faster adoption of Wavefront by VMware
- Share customer feedback with BUs and Wavefront R&D for product development
- Gather case studies and identify customer references.
- Proactively review customer consumption and billing to help customers optimize their investment
- Deliver successful customers to the contract renewal cycle and, where necessary, support the renewals process to minimize customer attrition.
- Help to identify, generate and facilitate additional revenue leads and share with the account team.
- Drive organic growth and expansion within assigned accounts
- Lead upsell efforts by identifying additional use cases and positioning new solution offerings to clients
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing complex customer relationships in a technology service industry
- Excellent communication skills, including with internal and external stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Directly support critical customer concerns and deliver workshops to train customer, Partners and field.
- Proven record of driving issues to resolution with great customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage multiple customer accounts, projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Willing to be a hands-on contributor and a proactive team player
- Ambitious and driven, thriving in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Customer management / customer success experience preferably in SaaS organization
- Ability to travel occasionally when needed and/or spend significant time interacting with customers remotely on solutions engagements
- Excellent critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Provide architectural guidance for the integration of Wavefront by VMware with third-party products within the customer’s environment such as applications, storage, networking, firewalls, systems management, capacity management and monitoring etc.
- Maintain per-customer view of reported issues; regularly communicate with customers, sales account teams and Wavefront Product Management and Engineering.
- Take full ownership of assigned customer engagements, to the point where you feel responsible for the success of the customer’s deployment addressing their business needs.
- Participate and partner with product development to help define and contribute to solutions and tooling based on customer requirements – contribute directly to the delivery of these solutions through scripting, coding, testing, documenting, demonstrating and/or showcasing at various conferences.
- Work closely with Product Management and product development team on problem solving, driving product improvements, diagnose issues and yield a solution (workaround or long-term solution) to a customer in the fastest possible time.
- Fluent in at least 1 programming language, Knowledge of Java, Python or Go programming
- Knowledge of efficient data structures, query parsing, and optimization.
- Effective in working both independently and in a team setting with other high performing technical architects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field or equivalent experience.