Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Manager, Quality Engineering今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908162 掲載日 Jul. 09, 2019
Do you love leading a dynamic and high performing team working on state of the art technology? Are you ready to help VMware deliver a new cloud service that makes managing Kubernetes clusters easy in a variety of public and private clouds? Are you an experienced manager with a history of building strong teams and delivering robust products and services?
VMware’s Cloud Native Applications Business Unit is looking for an experienced manager to provide professional and technical leadership to a team delivering VMware’s strategic Kubernetes-as-a-Service offering, an enterprise-grade cloud service that provides an easy to use, “secure by default”, and cost-effective Kubernetes runtime. The service runs natively on AWS today in several regions and will be expanded to additional clouds in the future.
For more information view the following links
Job Description and Scope of the Role
This manager is expected to provide technical, professional and strategic direction to a team responsible for verifying the quality, security and scale of the service, ultimately leading to increased market share and customer happiness.
Main responsibilities include
- Directing day-to-day activities of quality engineering team, including prioritization and project tracking.
- Planning longer term deliverables aligning longer term investments with business and strategic objectives
- Partnering with employees on career development plans and supporting them in their growth
- Providing feedback on product designs for customer experience, quality concerns and testability
- Providing feedback and direction on test plans for both development and quality teams
- Identifying common set of quality metrics and ensuring consistent reporting of metrics
- Ensure that quality measures are part of the CI/CD process
- Playing an active hands-on role ensuring quality across the entire software development life cycle, including helping to deliver software into production and ensuring that it continues to operate as designed. This includes participation in periodic on-call duty.
The ideal candidate will possess many of the following skills and experiences:
- Practical experience managing and leading teams developing or testing a commercial product or service
- 5+ years developing and testing a commercial product or service
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of test methodology and tools
- Strong coding skills, primarily in context of code review, interviewing and employee feedback
- Experience in Jenkins and CI/CD environment desired.
- Understanding of Kubernetes concepts desired.