Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Manager - Information Experience今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914183 掲載日 Nov. 12, 2019
Why Join VMware Information Experience
The Information Experience team at VMware works across business units and divisions to create a collaborative writing community that is focused on serving customers. Our vision is to help customers find answers. To support that mission we work creatively to find new authoring and publishing methods to help customers successfully use our products. Our global team works with video producers, graphic designers, information architects, and tool experts to deliver industry-leading information. We are a fast-paced, dynamic team that is seeking leaders to help us deliver our mission and seek innovation that will ensure we continue to give customers the best information experience possible.
The Information Experience team consists of over 90 writers, service engineers, and managers that work directly with product and project teams across the software development lifecycle to deliver documentation for major and minor releases of VMware Products and SDKs. Team members must have the flexibility and versatility to adapt to the challenges that work on products with broad scope and scale can bring. The team prides itself on meticulous, fast-paced, high quality documentation.
VMware Information Experience team is seeking a Manager to lead one or more writing teams creating documentation for VMware products. As a Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our customer facing content, work closely with our partners, and solve some of the most complex technical and business challenges.
As a first line manager, you must have a strong technical background, relevant people and project management experience, and extensive hands-on experience in creating and validating documentation for technical end users, system administrators, and developers. You will contribute to the user interface design of products and to the production of video material for VMware products.
Job Role and Responsibility
- Own end-to-end responsibility for delivering and supporting content for products.
- Drive information architecture, design, and writing efficiency; and optimize development processes for continuous content delivery.
- Lead and mentor an extraordinary writing team, helping individuals achieve their career goals.
- Develop project plans and execute against them in an agile environment.
- Work with senior management across functions to develop a long-term strategy for the content and the team.
Required Skills and Background
- 3-5 years as an Information Experience Manager with multiple direct reports.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with significant depth in DDLC of enterprise-class products.
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand product design and architecture. Willing and able to get into deep technical details.
- Demonstrated proactive, self-motivated, quality focus, customer-centric mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with cross-functional teams and VMware partners across geographies.
- Proven track record of recruiting and retaining top writing talent.
- Experience in delivering high quality customer facing content.
- Experience in latest documentation tools and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree.