Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Manager, Global GTM Strategy今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1905832 掲載日 May. 21, 2019
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
VMware is looking for a talented leader and team player to fill a highly visible role in our Worldwide Customer Strategy organization. The Manager, Global GTM Strategy, will be responsible for driving Go-to-Market Strategy, reporting to the Director, Global GTM Strategy. As a candidate for this role, you will have a proven track record of leading GTM strategy development and transformation in high-tech companies, specifically driving a shift from Product to Solution selling and a transformation to Cloud and SaaS business models. This is a critical role that will help VMware transform our GTM Strategy to support our growth to a $10Bn company.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this role include working within the VMware Sales & Services organization to build strategies that will drive emerging product growth and drive business in new markets leveraging our routes to market as well as our existing and emerging strategic partnerships. This role will be involved in conducting the analysis, defining the strategy, defining the supporting Sales and Partner coverage models and pipeline acceleration as well as defining programs that will be critical to realizing success. The successful candidate will be a ‘Strategic Doer’ with great energy, initiative, and leadership qualities.
- Define GTM strategy for new VMware offerings, led by internal and external research, benchmarking and analytics
- Partner with Sales leaders to design GTM strategy, segmentation and coverage models and capacity planning
- Assess effectiveness of current GTM strategy and refine and optimize accordingly
- Support the evolution of GTM for Solution Selling and SaaS transformation
- Evangelize GTM strategy by engaging cross-functional teams including Sales, Services, Customer Success and Product Marketing/Management
- Perform business analysis and support execution of high-impact strategic projects and mission-critical initiatives
- Drive alignment across regions and shared functions to implement the Sales and Partner GTM strategy globally
- Develop external benchmarking to develop a best-in-class strategic account sales structure to support our largest and highest potential customers
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in global Enterprise Software and SaaS GTM, Sales Strategy, Planning and Operations
- Significant Solution Selling GTM experience strongly preferred
- Experience in Cloud and SaaS GTM strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills, financial insight and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work with and support C-level engagements
- Extensive experience building high-quality data models and C-level presentations
- Strong executive presence, communication, and interpersonal skills
- High performer with track record of exceeding performance expectations and metrics
- MBA preferred, top-tier Strategy Consulting experience a plus
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun. Additionally we would like:
- Do you have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives?
- Do you have experience in Software, Cloud, or Infrastructure such as Compute, Network, Storage?
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.