Careers in Services and Consulting
Services and Consulting
Kubernetes Academy Instructor今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1911521-1 掲載日 Aug. 12, 2019
The Kubernetes Academy Team is tightly integrated with the rest of the Cloud Native Applications Business Unit (CNABU), a key component of the overall VMware corporate strategy. As a part of this team your role will be to work to understand our technologies and products, develop and deliver Kubernetes and Cloud Native training to customers, partners, and developers, while delivering feedback from the field to Kubernetes Academy Curriculum Developers and product teams. You represent the beginning of many journeys not just in the classroom, but also video, remote, and on-demand experiences for our customers as well.
Here in the CNABU we are working to help modernize the software industry and drive adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud Native technologies within customer environments. As a member of the Kubernetes Academy team within CNABU you will be involved very early in the customer journey and your work will be part of Kubernetes.Academy and have high visibility. Key parts of this role include providing feedback to our internal teams, helping create content for courses and marketing, as well as getting your hands on technologies so you have a robust understanding of the materials. We also strive to provide valuable insight to our product teams and are active participants in the upstream Open Source community.
In your first 30+ days you will work with the team to develop familiarity with the VMware way of delivering classes, and become familiar with the core concepts and implementations of our technology. You'll also shadow several classes to get a feel for the narrative and how it fits together across our curriculum.
By the end of your first 3 months (90 days) you will have delivered classes across multiple delivery models and established a foundation for working within VMware and as a part of the CNABU. At this time, you should be capable of contributing to the team on broader initiatives including content creation, curriculum refreshes and collaborating across teams to help the CNABU accomplish its goals.
- Deliver best-in-class technical training from our Kubernetes Academy curriculum to diverse audiences
- Evaluate, mentor and audit trainers from both inside VMware and in our Partner Program
- Provide direct feedback to Kubernetes Academy Curriculum Developers and Product teams
- Participate in training planning conversations with customers and engagement managers to tailor content as needed
- Practical hands-on experience delivering training classes
- Working knowledge of distributed systems concepts
- Working knowledge of Linux, Networking, Docker and Kubernetes
- Desire and ability to develop expert-level knowledge of Cloud Native Technologies including Kubernetes
- CKA/CKAD or ability to prepare and achieve certification
- You have a track record of delighting customers and students
- You are passionate about mentoring other team members
- Ability to translate abstract technical ideas and concepts into hands-on curriculum and content for usage within the classroom
- Strong soft skills that you can bring to bear to drive organizational and operational transformation
- Travel expectations could be up to 70% (Onsite is typically M-Th)
Experience with our technologies is not required. The ideal individual does have relevant professional technical experience. Preferably in a similar role (Training, Consulting, Software Engineering, Development, Professional Services, Site Reliability Engineering), with that in mind, we prefer you possess and can demonstrate the above attributes along with a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork.
“This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.”