Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Java Developer-CMBU今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1913053 掲載日 Oct. 17, 2019
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs. VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 19,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
“This R&D team is part of CMBU and is one of the most versatile team working across products from vRA/VRO to vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager(vRSLCM) to Content Management”. We work on Product Development from scratch (all layers, UI, middle layer and backend), perform customer oriented R&D, new innovations, PoCs, Patents, Ideas, new Tools, Customer Support, Customer Success Programs etc……Out technology stack includes Java, JEE, Spring, .net, Angular JS, GWT, Cloud, AWS, Azure, Postgres, SQL server etc. We actively participate in Hackathons, RADIO and other innovation events throughout the year spanning from IoT, Cloud to Machine Learning”
The Engineer in the R&D Org team will be responsible for providing deep technical expertise and drive Cloud Automation products to a next generation cloud management initiative. In addition to technical architecture support, the Engineer will collaborate with distributed cross-functional teams - Engineering, GSS, Professional Services, RM, QA and Product Management to distill customer needs into workable tasks. The Engineer would work on developing algorithms, building distributed applications, APIs, fault-tolerant computing and use virtualization as a key technology to design and implement applications that solve real-world problems. He would work on developing scalable software capable of automatic provisioning of infrastructure (IaaS) in a datacenter. The candidate will be part of the innovative team of engineers with strong technical background and will be working in highly challenging and state of the art technologies.
- Innovate, Research & Evaluate new technologies and tools for a quality output.
- Code and implement new algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Triage, Analyze and Fix customer issues with quick turnaround time.
- Participate in architectural & design discussions and code reviews.
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of Cloud Management industry directions and trends
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional distributed teams Core Engineering, GSS, QA and Product Management in all phases - Requirements, Development, Testing, Launch/Release and continue refinement of VMware Cloud Management related technologies
- Document best practices and learnings in developing and deploying product solutions
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluate and improve engineering processes
- Should have technology independent mindset and juggle priorities on daily basis.
- BTech/MTech Degree or equivalent in Computer Science
- 3–9 years of experience with significant depth around designing and programming enterprise class products.
- 2+ years of experience in developing enterprise-class management software
- Strong background in object-oriented design and programming
- Min 2+ years of strong coding experience in core JAVA or any OOPS language
- Min 2+ years of strong experience in J2EE stack (Spring Core, JSP/Servlets/MVC frameworks-Struts/Spring)
- Min 2+ years’ experience in J2EE Application Severs – JBoss/Tomcat or similar
- Min 2+ years’ experience in working with Databases – SQL Server, Postgres, writing SQL, Stored Procedures
- Exposure to Cloud computing, workflow domain and VMware technologies is a big plus
- Experience in developing RestFull Web Services
- Experience in Hibernate or similar ORM technology
- Experience in .Net technologies as well is a plus
- Good understanding of SDLC, Agile methodologies, experience of working in product development companies