Careers in Finance
International Tax Director今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1901810-1 掲載日 Apr. 17, 2019
We are seeking a key contributor to the international tax team, based in Palo Alto, California, reporting to the Senior Tax Director, Tax Planning. In this role, the International Tax Director will perform a variety of functions relating to International Tax compliance and accounting.
Tax Accounting: Responsible for completeness and accuracy of quarterly and annual tax accounting components
• Review quarterly and year end tax accounting computations for completeness and accuracy relating to GILTIL, FDII, FTCs, BEAT and other aspects of the US international tax provision.
• Review annual international tax disclosures for completeness and accuracy
• Identification of uncertain tax position and issues indicating need for remeasurement reserves or releases of reserves
Tax Compliance: Responsible for ensuring proper compliance with the various requirements of U.S. International Reporting.
- Review of Form 5471 for all controlled foreign corporations (including calculation of E&P and foreign taxes paid);
- Review of Form 8858 for all foreign check-the-box branches;
- Review Form 1118
- Review of Election and Disclosure statements for the company’s U.S. Form 1120
- Ensure compliance with withholding and reporting requirements for transactions subject to these rules
- Tax compliance software experience (e.g., CorpTax) is a plus
Support Tax Planning Function
- As needed Provide quantitative analysis and tax modeling of tax planning strategies or initiatives. Provide US international tax support to federal tax compliance group, tax controversy team, and cross-function teams (e.g., Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, and Legal).
- Prepare technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos.
In order to successfully perform these responsibilities it expected that International Tax Director will perform the following
- Maintain currency on technical issues relevant to VMware’s International Tax Operations
- Communicate with tax planning group to ensure that all transactions affecting the US international area are correctly and timely reflected in tax accounting and compliance
- Ensure that technical positions affecting financial reporting and tax compliance are addressed and documented. This may entail both research by the director or coordination with external advisors.
- Ensure that compliance manager and consultants who assist with preparation of tax accounting and compliance are aware of transactions and technical positions and that these are reflected in the tax accounting and compliance.
- Manage accounting and compliance process with Directors of US Compliance and Global Tax Accounting. As needed coordinate with owners of non-US compliance and accounting.
Skills and Experience
- 10 to 15 years of international tax experience, a combination of public accounting, law firm and industry experience preferred.
- Strong tax technical knowledge in the areas of international tax, M&A, and transfer pricing.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, and managing international tax strategies, including working with the business to ensure planning strategies are executed.
- Experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting principles related to international tax matters, including an understanding of how international planning impacts the effective tax rate
- Proven M&A experience, including due diligence and subsequent integration.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to “translate” complex concepts and calculations to cross-functional team.
- Ability to work independently and willingness to “roll-up sleeves”, with a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong Work Ethic. Work hard but work smart. Go home, enjoy life. Come back refreshed.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or J.D., or equivalent,
Master’s degree or LLM preferred.