Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern - vSAN Storage Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1908542 掲載日 Nov. 14, 2019
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) Storage and Availability BU’s vision is that storage services are dynamically built and delivered per VM and controlled by policy. VMware’s storage services are precisely aligned with application requirements. We are searching for a New Grad to join a team developing the next generation distributed storage systems. You will be part of the hyper-converged infrastructure initiative building the next generation scale out storage solutions.
Specifically, we are looking for college graduates with interest and experience in developing system software. Being part of the core development team, the engineer will work closely with feature leads to participate in design reviews as well as coordinate the smooth integration of feature delivery into the product and help ship high quality product. You will work with architects, product management teams and other stakeholders across sites to design and develop new features and products. You will also collaborate with the Quality Engineers to ensure the quality of the developed products. Duties will include design, implementation, testing, and debugging. The engineer will also interact with other core engineering teams and groups outside of engineering in Storage and Availability.
- Design and develop the next generation of storage virtualization products.
- Work on complex distributed systems algorithms.
- Work on networking protocols native to VSAN and the ability to debug vmkernel networking stack.
- Work with VMware kernel and management teams to ensure that features work seamlessly end-to-end and maintain product extensibility and compatibility.
- Work with Quality Engineers and ensure software testability, quality and stability.
- Work with the documentation team and ensure good quality documentation of the product and API.
- MS Computer Science or related field
- 1-2 years of experience in developing and working with large scalable distributed systems written in C/C++
- You will possess a strong analytical, debugging and troubleshooting skills including use of tools.
- You have strong coding skills in C, C++, Python, Kernel Programming
- You are a natural problem-solver and dive deep to unravel complex problems/issues.
- You bring good testing methodologies and a real passion for building quality products.
- You have validated experience working with highly scalable complex systems.
- You possess knowledge of distributed systems and applications.
- Familiarity with storage technologies
- Experience with File Systems
- Experience with storage IO stack
- Experience with Performance Optimization
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.