Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern - Strategy & Corporate Development – Sr. Associate今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1909072 掲載日 Nov. 17, 2019
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware is seeking a summer intern to join its Strategy & Corporate Development (SCD) team. This role is intended to convert to a full-time position upon graduation. This is an opportunity to join a team addressing key strategic areas of growth for VMware, providing an excellent platform for strategy professionals to play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the most exciting companies in the software technology landscape.
We are a small, core group of professionals who help plan and develop strategic plans of record, address key cross-business-unit strategic questions, and find opportunities for strategic partnerships and investments to help the company realize its growth goals. As a key member of this team, you will be responsible for supporting VMware’s strategy and corporate business development efforts.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop a keen understanding of the infrastructure software ecosystem, and monitor key technology and market trends in specific areas of interest to VMware
- Maintain firm view of market landscape of industry participants. This includes emerging startup companies, market shares, relative competitive advantage, and business models
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to strategic questions; deliver analytically rigorous insights derived from data to support strategic direction and prioritization
- Work collaboratively across organizations to support cross-company strategy efforts; support key strategic initiatives spanning strategic planning, growth strategy, and new business development
- Support the full lifecycle of investments and strategic partnerships; develop strategic rationale, source deals, create business cases, conduct company and industry due diligence to support investment or business development opportunities
Specific technology areas you will focus on can include:
- Enterprise data center and cloud infrastructure, including compute, networking, storage, security, management, and mobility
- Application development, integration, deployment, and lifecycle management
- Cloud native services and emerging technologies
- 1st Year MBA student with an undergraduate STEM degree
- 3-5 years experience working at a top management consulting firm, investment banking firm, private equity firm or technology company in a product management/product development role
- Demonstrated passion for technology landscape and deep understanding of key industry trends
- Strong understanding of the strategy development process; exceptional analytical abilities and data driven decision-making
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills: demonstrated ability to develop relationships and build credibility with senior executives
- Develop and present compelling business cases in a persuasive and engaging manner
- Hands-on experience with technology from prior work experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting where team members are not direct reports
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.