Careers in University and Recent Grads
University and Recent Grads
Intern - Data Engineer今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1909848 掲載日 Nov. 17, 2019
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
We (ROCS) are a diverse organization of creative thinkers, solving global problems with 55 + Patents and counting. We drive efficiency, improve the bottom line and have fun while doing it. Our products and services drive a measurable impact on the business, we do the things that matter. Make a difference in your career – be part of something bigger than all of us – Join the ROCS VMware family
We are looking for an aspiring data engineer intern to join the Release Management team. The main objective of this role is to develop/generate models for data extraction from multiple data sources for top level dashboards and reports.
You will wear many hats and your attention will be crucial in the following:
- Help design, integrate, enhance, and maintain our big data solutions (e.g. Reports, Dashboards) so that the information provided to stakeholder is clear, efficient, trustworthy, and timely
- Work with stakeholders to understand, vet and propose solutions to their data and reporting needs
- Analyze large-scale data to understand the sources, accuracy, and processes around the data collection
- Recommend and, if necessary, implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality. If possible, discover new opportunities for data acquisition.
- Help develop, construct, and validate innovative and valuable visualizations to identify patterns, trends and exceptions
- Enhance presentability, provide meaningful views of complex data for top management to understand, appreciate and make informed decisions
- Train end users on the reporting platform and report development
You love data analysis. You communicate well and love challenging reporting requirements. You want to empower people to self-service their data needs, leveraging dashboards and automation.
- Experience in building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, preferably using Tableau Desktop.
- Strong SQL experience in querying multiple data sources and multi-join query generation
- Undestadning of formal database architecture and design, relational and multi-dimensional databases and/or data warehouses
- Comfortable in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Ability to write well thought-out data and reporting requirements
- Good communication, collaboration and user-facing skills. Effectiveness in explaining highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You are majoring in computer science, engineering, data science, business and have on the job programming experience
Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, empathy, collaboration above isolationism, respectfulness, trustworthiness, and good-natured fun. Additionally, we would like you to have :
- Working knowledge/familiarity of Python and tools such as SAP, Cassandra, Redis, Riak, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, neo4j, Hive, and Sqoop
- Ability to prioritize competing demands from various stakeholders
- Being comfortable with ambiguity, creative thinking and multitasking
- Strong attention to detail, a passion for quality, a sense of urgency, and a problem-solving mindset
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.