Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Information Systems Senior Program Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1914562 掲載日 Nov. 13, 2019
Information Systems Senior Program Manager
We are looking for a strong Information Systems Senior Program Manager with deep experience in leading global IT Programs. Responsibilities of this position will involve leading overall program management for the Colleague Experience and Technology team in the Americas. The group is under the IT department which spans across IT focused programs andreal-estaterelated projects. We are seeking a standout colleague that has superb communication skills, attention to detail, and excellent follow through.
Your role is responsible for the delivery of IT tools and service projects and programs globally to our VMware colleagues. The CET PMO organization is the focal point of contact for all IT groups, and acts as the single interface between REW, Finance, Audio Visual and IT Operation Teams.
Program Management Effectiveness
· Your passion will become contagious within the team
· You will have an outgoing personality while making meaningful relationships between business partners
· Ask questions that bring out ideas and stimulates discussion
· Identifies and resolves conflicts within partners
· Actively leads changes in program scope
· Identifies potential risks, and develops effective response plans
· Translates terminology between technical and non-technical staffs
· Shows consistency among principles, values and behavior and demonstrates honesty and integrity
· Delivers the most complex internal, cross-segment and enterprise programs on time and within budget
· You are a strong Program manager with deep experience in leading large global initiatives that involve complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and/or team members
- You are comfortable with finance concepts/management of project/program budgets more than $1M
· Defines program scope, objectives and work that support business goals in collaboration with key partners
· Delivers on requirements by understanding and balancing the contending demands for programscope, time, cost, risk, and quality
· Leads programs that involve complex objectives and have multiple cross-site/cross-functional sponsors, owners and/or team members
· Develops full-scale program plans and associated project management documentation
· Watches out for effectiveness of processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Fosters an environment conducive to delivery of high-quality products and problem-free implementations using documented, repeatable standard methodologies
Communication and Organization
· Consistent track record aligning and influencing partners across the organization.
· Possess a high level of curiosity about upcoming technology with a focus on how new technologies can benefit VMware.
· Ability to maneuver between high-level critical thinking and detailed program work.
· Coordinates matrixed team efforts to improve performance, productivity and successful achievement of project
· Ability to reset, pivot and re-plan when requirements change while keeping partners on the same page
· Ensures that a deep understanding of partner communication needs is integrated into the program planning process
· Effectively interacts with all levels of management
· Effectively delivers tough messages to executives, key partners, team members and peers
· Fully understands the appropriateness of different types of communication (memo, letter, report, etc.) and different media types (formal, written, voice, e-mail, face-to-face, etc.) when presenting information one-on-one or in groups
· Fosters a mindset which encourages clear communication across multiple sites and functional areas
· Looks for opportunities inside and outside the department to make continuous improvements, suggest alternatives, provide feedback to partners in key processes, techniques and procedures, improving the department’s ability to meet customer needs and provide a delightful technology experience for all VMware colleagues
· Stays abreast of knowledge of industry practices and trends
· 10+ years of Program/Project Management experience
· 10+ years of IT experience
· Prior experience inColleague Experience orEnd User Computing
· Domestic and International travel and overnight stays
· Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in IT related area
· PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification or Scrum Master Certification
Benefits of being a VMware employee:
- EPIC2 Values: Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers & Community
- Continuous Learning and Growth Opportunities: take advantage of opportunities including course work, training and conferences, and career tracks.
- Engaging, Collaborative Environment: our offices support our culture of innovation and creativity. We have designed our spaces to break down traditional barriers of physical walls and create an environment to promote learning, teamwork and collaboration.
- People taking care of people: Generous vacation, sick time, paid parental leave, and even time you can take to donate your time to a charity of your choosing.
- Want to see more? Take a peek… https://careers.vmware.com/benefits
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.