Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Information Experience Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1910310 掲載日 Aug. 14, 2019
The Information Experience (IX) Manager works with the IX leadership, and product development teams to lead a team of technical writers.
The IX team has a core mission to deliver product documentation and help systems that help customers achieve their goals. To produce the customer-facing product documentation, the IX team uses many enterprise-level content management, authoring, and deployment tools.
The IX manager must work with the IX managers team, R&D stakeholders, outside vendors, and IX team members to ensure the successful and timely delivery of product documentation. The IX manager should be results-oriented with a strong focus on quality documentation, and enjoy working as part of a distributed, global team in a fast-paced environment.
- You lead technical writers and documentation projects in one or more business units.
- Provide career guidance, performance feedback, and professional development discussions to team.
- Work with R&D teams to understand product needs, schedules, and requirements.
- Engage with company support team such as HR, Staffing, IT, Support and Content Tools, etc.
- Hire and allocate full time and contractor resources to support product engagements.
- Make resource allocation and product engagement decisions with minimum help from IX Manager.
- Represent VMware externally to the technical writing community.
Required Skills and Experience
- Positive attitude to engage with a diverse set of global teams
- Prior management experience
- People management skills to set clear objectives and accountability standards for team members
- Proven ability to understand and synthesize technical information
- Project management skills to effectively track and manage the work of your team
- Familiarity with technical writing teams, content development standards and processes
- Experience working on global teams
- Strong communication and organization skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical communication or a related area
Why Join VMware Information Experience
The Information Experience team at VMware works across business units and divisions to create a collaborative writing community that is focused on serving customers. Our vision is to help customers find answers. To support that mission we work creatively to find new authoring and publishing methods to help customers successfully use our products. Our global team works with video producers, graphic designers, content strategists, and tool experts to deliver industry-leading information. We are a fast-paced, dynamic team that is seeking talented leaders to help us deliver our mission and seek innovation that will ensure we continue to give customers the best information experience possible.