Careers in Engineering and Technology
Engineering and Technology
Graduate Site Reliability Engineer for VMware Site Recovery今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R188366 掲載日 Jun. 21, 2019
We are world-class, highly-technical & dynamic team of engineers that delivers rapidly growing SaaS service – VMware Site Recovery. The team is committed to the DevOps best practices and spirit. The SREs ensure that the services meet the needs of our customers with the desired levels of reliability, performance and availability by troubleshooting and resolving incidents, developing continuous improvements, tools and automation.
Do you like the challenge of crafting solutions for meaningful problems, eliminate toil by creating automation?
We're looking for people who have a passion for technology, have intellectual curiosity, strong troubleshooting skills, great business ethics and interpersonal skills. VMware is actively revolutionizing the way it delivers software solutions, and we need your help!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Resolve service incidents in production and staging environments.
- Communicate with customers if it is required to resolve an incident.
- Ensure our services meet stability, performance and availability requirements
- Develop and roll out short-term fixes and sustainable solutions as part of an incident resolution and post-mortems.
- Build performant, scalable and maintainable software solutions and tools for internal and external use.
- Build robust, self-healing features and automation that reduce operational effort and improve service up-time.
- Interact with other product & development teams, gather requirements & perform analysis to determine appropriate solutions.
- Actively engage in design reviews, code reviews and operational reviews.
- General programming knowledge - object and functional oriented principles, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, memory management, etc.
- Willingness to use different programming languages and frameworks to address the specific product needs (Python, Ruby, Go, PowerCLI, Batch Scripting, etc.)
- Proficient in Linux/Unix based systems and troubleshooting
- Understanding in network basics - TCP/IP concepts, common protocols like DHCPand DNS, intermediate routing & switching
- Understanding of virtualization & HCI concepts.
- Systematic problem-solving approach
Additional desired experience:
- Experience with vSphere, NSX, vSAN, SRM and vSphere Replication.
- Experience with containers and container orchestrators - Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, mySQL), NoSQL or time-series databases
- Knowledge in CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins
- Experience is operation SaaS software or system administration
- Attractive compensation package - competitive salary, flexible bonus scheme, company sponsored mobile phone plan and additional long term incentive
- Individual career path - management and technical career growth, enhanced by learning and development program, regular performance assessment, teams of worldwide IT professionals
- Healthy work environment - company sponsored medical program, food and beverage program, sport activities, open communication
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation, regular team buildings and celebrations
As part of the VMware global standards for integrity you will be required to go through a pre-employment screening process before you join.