Careers in HR
Global People Development Project Manager今すぐ応募する 採用情報 ID R1907542 掲載日 Jul. 19, 2019
At VMware, we hire the best of the best. Our Global People Development (GPD) team is committed to improving the impact of our talented, global employee population. We aim to get our talent productive quickly, help the business drive performance and results, and make VMware an extraordinary place to work.
This role will be pivotal in supporting a variety of strategic initiatives across all GPD programs. You will work hand-in-hand with various members of our global GPD team to drive best-in-class learning solutions for our employees, managers and leaders. You are pro-active and take initiative to complete tasks and projects quickly and autonomously, and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. To excel in this role, you will need to be highly organized and adept at creating structure and processes that foster efficiency and alignment. We are seeking someone with these key skills who is a highly-effective communicator, and collaborative thought partner with a global and inclusive mindset.
- Establish and refine processes to deploy learning programs globally, including in person workshops, live webinars, and self-paced online learning
- Partner with learning program owners to establish requirements for quality, scalability, and consistency with other programs
- Manage the learning calendar, internal and external facilitator availability, and alignment with business requirements and cadence. Collaborate with local office and admin teams globally to execute programs in different offices
- Execute individual programs, including participant communications, registration, logistics, materials, facilitator preparation, onsite/webinar support, expense tracking, and evaluations
- Collect and analyze data from learners and produce reports on learning metrics
- Provide system administration support (i.e. support our learning management system -Saba) to effectively track learning records
- Vendor & Budget Management
- Drives continuous improvement and operational efficiencies in GPD processes and procedures; design and implement innovative solutions
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience.
- Process improvement experience. Effectively manage expectations, uses sound judgement, escalate concerns when necessary.
- Problem solving. Able to quickly get to root cause and implement corrective actions. Coordinates with other stakeholders to resolve problems.
- Highly organized and able to efficiently manage multiple priorities. Meets deadlines.
- Expert in change management. Ability to effectively adapt to changing environment.
- Strong operational focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
Who you are:
- Observant. You take on new problems by taking in all the information available to you, whether explicit or implicit.
- Tenacious. You will see to projects reaching the appropriate level of done to meet VMware standards.
- A clear communicator. You will serve as a representative of the company to various third-party providers and the teams at our locations.
- Responsible. You take ownership of your work, and you operate with a high level of attention to detail.
- Scrappy. You'll be working across multiple strategic priorities and solving problems. You'll need to be adaptable and flexible.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status including pregnancy, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.